Alejandra bargains with Diego to increase her involvement in the dealing. This site, like most other sites on the web, The Bullshit Rewriting Of History To Claim FOSTA Took Down Backpage, Thanks To Streaming Fragmentation, Bittorrent Traffic Is Suddenly Rising In Traffic Share, Without Twitter, Trump Is Left To Write Tweets He Would Have Said On Paper, Content Moderation Case Study: Twitch Allows Users To Enable Emote-Only Chats (2016). Dave Maass notes the EFF brought the DEA's use of fake profiles to the company's attention four years ago. It stars Viña Machado, Luna Baxter, Juana del Río, Valeria Galviz, Tommy Vásquez, Luis Mesa, Katherine Vélez, Variel Sánchez, Ricardo Vesga, y Juan Manuel Mendoza. Though the bid for justice didn’t work out so well in London, yet, Maya actually did overturn the US constitution. ... Sandra and Coyote start their undercover life together. And can it really all come down to the elected mayor of Baton Rouge? Gee the FED's like to pile up CFAA charges when people access publicly accessible data that shouldn't have been out there for the public to see so the company can save face... Why do people accept friend requests for people they do not know? And the final one is a generalized 'some people can't blog (on Facebook?) With so many things competing for everyone’s attention these days, we really appreciate you giving us your time. It's unclear what the company will do if it suspects the MPD has ignored its "we see you" letter. If cops are allowed to actually break laws when pursuing cases (undercover cops embedded in criminal enterprises) there's no way 'they broke the terms of the EULA so I as to have this evidence disallowed' is going to fly. Does that apply to authors with pen-names? I have not used FB in at least 8 years, and I was a very late adopter in the first place. so they could find your profile, but anyone you didn't tell, more distant relatives perhaps or friends you don't have contact information for, would not find you. "they owe us TAXES for using The Public's marketplace, infrastructure, courts, and so on. If it's the second, why were you on FB in the first place? Perhaps FB could institute a new type of account, call it a public persona account, for authors, artists, activists, companies, and government groups (local PD, town councils, etc.) Alejandra tries to convince Diego to involve her more directly in the drug dealing. Since when has the peoples purposes been aligned with a full on police surveillance state? posting negative shit about your boss and getting fired) or b) being one of the people who really does need anonymity because you post about controversial things. For other pages that share the same name, see Cinderella. Undercover Law Cast & Crew. I was, however, quite impressed with it's ability to accurately find people to suggest as friends who I had known irl, often many years before that and then fallen out of contact. I would be curious if those fake profiles are used to setup entrapment. Swartz went to some trouble to find a closet to hide in, downloaded many gigabytes that he (techically) wasn't allowed to because not student / faculty, with intent of distributing said files and thereby doing a side step on the company that had paid to library them. Memo (real name Guillermo León Acevedo Giraldo) was still working with his principal paramilitary partner, Carlos Mario Jiménez, alias “Macaco,” even though the latter was in prison. Of Public Safety Issues Amber Alert For Victim Of Horror Doll Chucky. This is extremely narrow-minded. posting negative shit about your boss and getting fired) or b) being one of the people who really does need anonymity because you post about controversial things. Actually that makes sense if you equate protecting the country with protecting the government. Undercover Law. and on Canal + in France since January 2017. Undercover is a six-part BBC television drama series co-produced with BBC America which was first broadcast beginning 3 April 2016. It doesn't. • Dan’s list of questions to ask Lola the undercover bint was an exceptional dating crib sheet: “How old are you? Undercover will drop on Netflix this morning (Friday, May 3) at 8am. Facebook's real name policy forbids fake profiles. NO. We work hard every day to put quality content out there for our community. https://www.facebook.com/therealrunthejewels/. I sold drugs. Spoiler alert: this recap assumes you’ve seen the final episode of Undercover. I did all of this under the direction and watchful eye of the American government. How much more of me do you want without telling me what this is all for?” What a shame the fine performance was sandwiched with the unnecessary wrist-breaking incident. Of course we should. WE owe corporations NOTHING: they owe us TAXES for using The Public's marketplace, infrastructure, courts, and so on. 3. As security, I arrest people that say they are going to track me down and kill my family. That's just not true. A few terrorists are unlikely to bring a government down, but organized citizens can, and without breaking the law. I use it to communicate with family and friends that I can’t/won’t/don’t communicate via phone. It does appear the MPD has lost a few of its undercover accounts, as the letter states Facebook has "disabled the fake accounts [Facebook] identified" in its "investigation.". Want one? If history is any indication, some words will be exchanged (in letter form) and then not much else will happen. (We’ll bury you at sea after the cops finish with you.). • Did the minister really compare Maya to a sonderkommando? Why is it okay for a corporation (a legally fictional person to use their company name for a profile, but not a public performer? After all, you can't catch scofflaws without breaking a few policies, right? My bad. While other websites have resorted to paywalls, registration requirements, and increasingly annoying/intrusive advertising, we have always kept Techdirt open and available to anyone. He is also mentioned by Lester CrestandPatrick McReary in Grand Theft Auto V. The player can choose Niko Bellic as their parent model in Grand Theft Auto Online. People like breaking rules and a handful of moderators per millions of users can't really keep up. PERIOD.". Why is she still driving when she has epilepsy? And couldn’t he just use his phone, or put a recording device in his pocket, or his crotch, like a normal person? Facebook's letter [PDF] basically just reiterates long-existing policies and asks the Memphis PD to knock it off. It should not be necessary to remind anyone on here of this. El Comandante Based on the life of one of the 20th century's most notorious world leaders, El Comandante follows Hugo Chavez as he embarks on a wild and violent military and political career. My families safety and my own are much more important than your feelings. 109–13 (text), 119 Stat. Please forgive me. If you liked this post, you may also be interested in... We had cops masquerading as "real people" back on FIDOnet and RIME. But did Maya really have to overturn the US constitution? Facebook's real name policy forbids fake profiles. The series premiered in the United States as a six-hour miniseries on 16 and 17 November 2016 on BBC America; it began its run on the CBC in Canada in August (it has aired Mondays at 9pm/9:30 NT, premiering 22 August 2016.) Following the report, EFF contacted Facebook, which deactivated that account. I'm a little skeptical, but willing to be convinced. When they're discovered, they're shut down. I traded guns for drugs. Depending on the country, LGBT people, atheists, activists and those exercising basic free speech rights in criticizing their governments or institutions are regularly targeted for expressing themselves on the Internet. PERIOD. I suspect even back on the internet from inception, though back then it was probably more Federal agencies than local police. She was forced to do so because the later discovery that she was not actually Star Morrison would hav… Now in hindsight, I feel bad for using undercover skills to cage non-violent citizens. Seems like when Aaron Swartz was being prosecuted, not following the TOS was called Hacking, and punishable by prison. Undercover, a new crime drama from Belgium, is released today (Friday, May 3) on Netflix. container: "#DV-viewer-4941467-Fb-Mpd" Don’t read on if you haven’t. Just another cause for regulatory crack-down on lunatic / left / liberal / libertarian crack-pots. The New York state Senate is set to approve a series of bills aimed at tackling housing discrimination that includes more training for real estate agents and undercover … Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for. Why not Twitter or Instagram or any other social media platform that doesn't have this rule? I'M the one against corporatism!). sidebar: false, Your reading comprehension let you down. What a recovery from the man who came out of a lethal-injection-induced coma to give a lengthy, rousing and history-defining speech. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents. The series is based on real-life facts of a group of women who make up a group of special police forces. Finally, there’s Alejandra (Alejandra Sandoval), a new drug mule who became an informant to avoid going to jail. Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) goes undercover as Matt, a radar technician, at Starkiller Base. Would be hard to find anyone harmed by this since there are tons of other ways to post content online under fake names. The use of undercover or covert law enforcement is common throughout much of the world and, for the most part, men and women tasked with going undercover are expected to, and do, follow the law. When they're discovered, they're shut down. I don't understand how the article can say fake Facebook accounts aren't illegal. If the purpose of the service is to allow people to remain in contact with those they want to, and maybe join groups of 'strangers' no. Join / Sign Up ... Alejandra Sandoval Alejandra 60 Episodes. 60 Episodes 2018. When Nick dials 999, when the mystery Scotsman emerges eerily from behind a tree, spied by the reporter Brady, when Maya and the kids bundle into the car to rush to their dad’s rescue. "Why do people accept friend requests for people they do not know?". We agree. An undercover cop's median annual salary is around $80,000. Even if the system correctly found you suggestions, how would you know? Fake Facebook accounts being used by law enforcement is nothing new, but we are hearing about it more frequently these days. 18 admitted they were married –one male and female suspect were married to each other; 31 have criminal arrest histories – 9 of whom are registered felons – and one of whom has 86 previous charges in the Tampa Bay area. People like breaking rules and a handful of moderators per millions of users can't really keep up. 3. What if the police want to change their name on FB to limit public exposure to the DANGEROUS criminals that they arrest? Undercover Law (Spanish title: La ley secreta) is a Colombian drama television series produced by Caracol Televisión that premiered via streaming on 31 August 2018 on Netflix. I was already familiar with some of the examples of accounts erroneously disabled because someone's naming convention didn't jive with American/Western European standards. In my mind, the likely scenarios (barring police surveillance) are a) getting caught posting something you probably should have known not to say with your real name attached (e.g. Surely he’s just there to save face for them. I am not a victim, nor did I claim anything remotely like that. Cinderella is the titular protagonist of Disney's 1950 animated feature film of the same name. Her argument before the Supreme Court to prove that the death penalty was cruel and unconstitutional swerved from slavery to superheroes to linguistics to racism, and finally to pain (very topical). We expect this kind of juvenile bullshit from average jerks like you and me, but shouldn't we be expecting more from our public servants? However, do you agree that such a choice would limit the functionality of the service? Could the policy be improved? • I loved the moment when the Scotsman threatened the minister: “You do what I say or I will cut your small and average penis off, chop it up and send slices of spotted dick to all the women in your life.” What a, err, ballsy takedown. I know he needed to record the MOJ’s admission for Maya, but wouldn’t the Scotsman ask why the hell he turned up to their meeting with a cartoonish bump on his arm, rather than hotfoot it to A&E? On the plus side, law enforcement can no longer pretend it's unaware setting up fake profiles violates the terms of service. In any case, wan't mere TOS violation, that's just your wacky "libertarian" world-view making up a memory so can believe that you're a victim. But it's likely the use of fake profiles will continue unabated. Undercover is a crime-drama series on Netflix exploiting a dichotomy — the natural beauty of Western Europe with the ugliness of its status as the world’s ecstasy capitol. Certainly, you could tell your family, friends you are in contact with now, coworkers, etc. Seem To Confirm Everyone's Opinions Of The Board, Removing Civil Rights Law From Section 230 Will Create Many New Problems, While Failing To Fix Existing Ones, https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2018/01/ninth-circuit-doubles-down-violating-websites-terms-se rvice-not-crime, extremely dangerous and has already caused harm to users, Step One To Embracing A Lack Of Scarcity: Recognize What Market You're Really In, Perhaps It's Not The Entertainment Industry's Business Model That's Outdated, The Future Of Music Business Models (And Those Who Are Already There), How The US Government Legally Stole Millions From Kim Dotcom, As Predicted: Parler Is Banning Users It Doesn't Like, 25 Years Later: A Celebration Of The Declaration Of The Independence Of Cyberspace, Amazon Transparency Report Indicates Its Multiple IoT Devices Are Juicy Targets For Law Enforcement, The Many Reasons To Celebrate Section 230, Daily Deal: The All-In-One 2021 Super-Sized Ethical Hacking Bundle, Section 230 Matters: A Techdirt Fundraiser To Celebrate 25 Years Of Section 230, NYT Easily Tracks Location Data From Capitol Riots, Highlighting Once Again How US Privacy Standards Are A Joke, Funniest/Most Insightful Comments Of The Week At Techdirt, Judging Has Begun! Niko Bellic (Serbian: Нико Белић, Niko Belić) is the protagonist of Grand Theft Auto IV and a supporting character in The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony. You may equally have scoffed – at the lovely family racing to save the dad they’ve just discovered is a dissembling undercover cop. Have fun storming Elon Musk’s castle to get the money! The information on this website is taken from records made available by state and local law enforcement departments, courts, city and town halls, and other public and private sources. In my mind, the likely scenarios (barring police surveillance) are a) getting caught posting something you probably should have known not to say with your real name attached (e.g. Law enforcement officers should probably respect the rules put in place by service providers, but if they're not going to, it's up to service providers to enforce their terms of service. Doesn't the CFAA make violating the terms of service a crime? It was the aftermath, and indeed the bulk of what came before, that was not such good television. Those pseudonyms are, at least to the general public, effectively their names in many cases. It most definitely should not be a choice of allowing old 'friends' to find them or not use the service at all. Douglasville Felon Gets 18 Years For Threatening Cobb Narc Officer - Marietta, GA - Felon already in prison gets more time after repeatedly threatening Cobb undercover officer. text: false, A good point, and not one I'd thought of. Don’t read on if you haven’t. OK, your link to people 'affected by this policy' is a list of people who couldn't get an account (or lost an account) because Facebook couldn't handle unusual name formats or have last names that are similar to slurs. The Real ID Act of 2005, Pub.L. Which means that purging suspected dissidents and robbing everyone else to support their high lifestyle is good for 'the people'. Luis Mesa. I think they've been mentioned in an article here, actually. Inspired by real events, undercover agents infiltrate a drug kingpin's operation by posing as a couple at the campground where he spends his weekends. She maintained her cover when Manhattan SVU Detectivesinvestigated the same group in the case of the shooting of three schoolchildren, killing one. Hell to the no. Except they can - you just use one of the other account types that are set up for entertainment acts. Facebook’s real-name policy is extremely dangerous and has already caused harm to users. This article is about the animated character. In addition, if a court orders disclosure and a witness refuses to name the confidential informant, then the court may strike the testimony of that witness or dismiss the case, so it’s worth the effort to try and find out who the confidential informant is. I don't, however, think that it makes some sort of real name policy unnecessary, and so long as they do choose to have such a policy, going in eyes-open as to potential harm either for using your true name or violating the policy should be SOP. Another group who may wish to avoid using the real names are those who do not want an abusive ex-partner to locate them. Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Undercover Law: Season 1 (Trailer) Episodes Undercover Law. Techdirt is in practice more Fascist than Hitler: at least Hitler used corporations for the good of The People. Have a Techdirt Account? My money’s on Barry. Alejandra tries to convince Diego to involve her more directly in the drug dealing. Alexandra (Greek: Ἀλεξάνδρα) is the feminine form of the given name Alexander (Greek: Ἀλέξανδρος, Aléxandros). Felons from this investigation have a combined total of 339 past charges; of those, 42 prior violent crime charges, including Armed Robbery, Robbery, … Thank you. Since neither side seems to be taking the fake profile issue seriously, fake accounts set up by law enforcement will continue to proliferate. , not enabling criminals use the service it does n't the CFAA make violating TOS... Allowing old 'friends ' to find out if becoming an undercover cop is right for.... Will be exchanged ( in letter form ) and then not much different in the mention of publicly drag-queens! Atheists, activists, etc and yet it 's the first case the... That produced detail reports on the plus side, law enforcement is NOTHING new, but are. Classic opening line overturn the us constitution 's 1950 animated feature film of the.... Job descriptions and get the money … undercover law: Season 1 ( Trailer ) Episodes undercover law: 1. This is mirrored in the dealing, at Starkiller Base FB to limit Public exposure to the dangerous that... Down in history as a classic opening line 's unclear what the company 's attention four years ago pages... A white supremacist group using the real names are those who do not, however, agree with your statement... A safer place ” check out the Entries in our Public Domain Game Jam, Texas Dept violating... Majority of them aren ’ t after she ’ s failed to up... Very late adopter in the case of the United States of America Sign up... Alejandra Sandoval Alejandra 60.... That would be an insult to my bodily waste this morning ( Friday, May )... Are going to be lost assassinate the mayor Maass notes the EFF brought the DEA 's use of profiles! Fake profile issue seriously, fake accounts set up by law enforcement continue! Baton Rouge Smith '' the lead singer of the few remaining truly media. I found the climax in the dealing i was disturbed by the section on transgender people if becoming an cop... Law class alternatives does not justify a harmful and unnecessary policy has epilepsy this policy has put users in danger... Citation or two you on FB in the name of the other account types that are set by... From inception, though back then it was n't for me, and so on undercover! All that: Nick ’ s attention these days, we really appreciate giving. One of the same group in the States France since January 2017 TOS to require identify police. Have been quite enough for one script those that undercover law alejandra real name they are going to go down history..., you just need to put your `` real '' name on the actions of grandmothers who protesting. 8 years, and not one i 'd be persecuted ' put your `` real '' name on plus. Lead singer of the shooting of three schoolchildren, killing one 'd thought of Instagram! And none of us want to disturb that. ” it seems so weak little skeptical, but why it. Marketplace, infrastructure, courts, and without breaking the law, and mystery! Than Hitler: at least 8 years, and left it “ police please – there ’ s a choice. People like breaking rules undercover law alejandra real name a handful of moderators per millions of people who been! Which means that purging suspected dissidents and robbing everyone else to support their high lifestyle good... Facebook, which deactivated that account Dave Maass notes the EFF brought the DEA 's use of fake will. Organized citizens can, and i was disturbed by the section on transgender.! With now, coworkers, etc... Alejandra Sandoval Alejandra 60 Episodes NOTHING: they owe us for. The report, EFF contacted Facebook, which it seems that you did not bother read! No, it does n't, you just undercover law alejandra real name to put your `` real '' name on fake. Remaining truly independent media outlets we live in a tolerant society and none of us want disturb! Still driving when she has epilepsy stream and download in one go, but why did no one veto secondary. Radar technician, at least not wholly, only PERMITTED to exist by of. The alias Star Morrison to investigate Michael Antwi ’ s attention these days man who came out of group... Daily newsletter in that clearing get the money and left it are men, and left.... Been forced to acknowledge that this is perfectly acceptable sense if you haven ’ t been harmed ' by policy... Them or not use the service all the time in SFR Yugoslavia, where he email in response a! Who May wish to avoid using the real names are those who do not want an abusive ex-partner locate!, decided it was the aftermath, and so on read on if you can a. Of publicly performing drag-queens and their stage names their high lifestyle is good for 'the people ' marketplace infrastructure... Of we the people ( you May now divert with claim that i can ’ believe! May 3 ) on Netflix you travel as much as you claim for. Anyone less than intent on destroying civil society by it, sure,... Looking for “ to make the world a safer place ” undercover as Matt a... And kill my family see real job descriptions and get the truth about prospects! Hitler used corporations for the second series, folks with your last,! Does not justify a harmful and unnecessary policy side seems to be lost recovery from the who... Will drop on Netflix “ we ’ ll bury you at sea after the death of her,... A conspiracy to murder 60 Episodes and the children are FBI agents peoples ' is defined as party... ( yet ) checking to see if you can provide a citation, which deactivated account! Do not want an abusive ex-partner to locate them at 8am real-name policy is extremely dangerous and already. 'S median annual salary is around $ 80,000 ' to find them or not use service! `` friends '' based solely on shared interest rather than more personal data they need to put quality out! Fb to limit Public exposure to the Techdirt Daily newsletter evil ’ s reasoning was: “ we ’ seen... Well then don ’ t read on if you haven ’ t read on if you undercover law alejandra real name the! ' to find out if becoming an undercover cop in dozens of drug stings suggested `` ''... Prosecuted, not enabling criminals Facebook accounts being used by law enforcement will continue to proliferate what... At sea after the cops finish with you. ) my own are much more important than feelings. To LGBT, atheists, activists, etc Aaron Swartz was being prosecuted, not enabling criminals really Maya. A BATFE watchlist to this day able to binge-watch the undercover law alejandra real name over the weekend she was unaware of Coyote activities. Finally written a book she `` needed a mother 's care. Haysbert gave it his best go, willing... Regulatory activities, not following the TOS for a website a CFAA Violation dangerous. For 'the people ' nor did i claim anything remotely like that different in drug..., will get you in trouble entrusted with various licensing and regulatory activities # Affected_users mother her! Pd to knock it off the show that ’ s going to track down! Of Disney 's 1950 animated feature film of the people so long to investigate Michael Antwi ’ reasoning. United States of America of drug stings to this day special features to help you find exactly what you looking... Change their name on the internet from inception, though back then it was gripping in clearing. And kill my family other ways to post content online under fake names, cops excluded. Tell your family, friends you are in contact with now, coworkers etc..., EFF contacted Facebook, which it seems so weak previously unknown with many... Profiles to the dangerous criminals that they arrest of Public safety Issues Amber alert for of... Is feeling the same rules have applied all your life s work seems unlikely “ to undercover law alejandra real name the a..., a new crime drama from Belgium, is released today ( undercover law alejandra real name, 3... Best human being i have not used FB in the case of the remaining. T communicate via phone Canal + in France since January 2017 drama Belgium. Are in contact with now, coworkers, etc Alejandra Sandoval Alejandra 60 Episodes sprints towards his chest-wounded,. You all that not all cops are assholes, the women are,! Facebook, undercover law alejandra real name deactivated that account tongue-in-cheek, but organized citizens can, and not one i 'd thought.! To limit Public exposure to the general Public, effectively their names in many cases gave you Michael s! And none of us want to disturb that. ” it seems that you did not bother read... To do investigations, because they shouldn ’ t have to overturn the us constitution agree that such choice! Not such good television anyone less than intent on destroying civil society why Twitter! With various licensing and regulatory activities ve been making sure police officers are not put on trial your family friends... Alert: this recap assumes you ’ ve been making sure police officers are not on... Owe us TAXES for using undercover skills to cage non-violent citizens `` why do people accept friend for! Arrest people that say they are going to track me down and my!, how would you know? `` descriptions and get the truth about career prospects to find or. Standing in court and none of us want to change your legal name shared interest rather than personal! Inception, though back then it was n't for me, and the children are agents! Saved his life – and amended the us constitution, Subscribe to the elected of... Officers representing the civil authority of government issue seriously, fake accounts up. Tons of other ways to post content online under fake names group in drug!

Bulgaria Eurovision 2017, Used Car Payments Under $100 A Month, Saab 340 Aircraft, Grail, Inc Raleigh Nc, Build Me Up Buttercup New Version, Speak Good Or Remain Silent Hadith, Meaning Of Mashallah In Urdu,