The 63mm of travel will take the edge off of rough trails and gravel paths, and it has a lockout for maximum efficiency while you’re on the road. Fantastic work. Cannondale Treadwell 3 – ($635) The Cannondale Treadwell 4 might not look that much different from the other bikes on this list, but it’s actually one of the most interesting. I am happy to find such an informative post after so long. The pedals don’t use pins that can cause nasty scrapes—they use much shin-friendlier deck tape. $749.99 - $924.99. If you travel a lot and want to bring your bike with you, a folding bike is the answer. And you can trust me when I say that, because I’ve been testing out the Treadwell EQ at home. Riding and traveling are part-human life. I don’t have a car so bike is my one and only, so I want to have a perfect one. Eco-friendly, healthy and so dynamic and cool. If y… It creates a more upright position than the flat bars you often see on fitness hybrids. Cannondale Comfort Stem Cannondale 3 with Intellimount, alloy, 31.8mm clamp Brake Levers Cannondale Forged alloy Brakes Promax mechanical disc, 160/160mm rotors Pedals Cannondale Comfort Saddle Cannondale Treadwell, 170mm, steel rails Seat Post Alloy, 31.6 x 350mm Accessories & Extras Wheel Sensor with Cannondale App connectivity The Treadwell 3 is the bargain option and only has seven speeds instead of the none speeds found on the EQ and 2 versions. That’s by design. I love riding a bike. The 2020 Cannondale Treadwell 3 features a versatile 7-Speed drivetrain, a 650B wheelset with wide 47mm Maxxis tires for added grip and comfort, a wide comfort saddle, and an easy to mount/dismount step through frame. Great information, thanks you. Your email address will not be published. If you want to make the Dual Sport Hybrid Bike even more trail-capable, you can put 29×1.8″ mountain bike tires on the wheels. Added suspension in the saddle, an upright position, backswept bars, and an adjustable stem make it a bit like riding an easy chair. Cannondale broke away from lots of established patterns to create something that’s perfect for city riding. For example, you’ll get a fork with 75mm of travel—a definite upgrade over a rigid fork for a bike like this, but not quite as nice as 100mm fork. That being said, you get a solidly built bike with everything you need to get out and ride. Gosh, this is beautiful. This Specliazied hybrid bike can certainly handle gravel roads—but it’s made for going fast on pavement. Bert's Bikes and Fitness Instagram Bert's Bikes and Fitness Facebook Bert's Bikes and Fitness Twitter Bert's Bikes and Fitness YouTube. Does it take all that water inside and never dries? Hope more to come as I’m an avid reader. Lightweight durability: The frame is lightweight aluminum, which makes riding it up even the steepest hill a breeze, and picking it up? You get disc brakes, which is awesome, but you also settle for a 7-speed freewheel and a triple chainring, which feels like a bit of a downgrade from a 2×9 setup. Thanks for your great sharing. You are an inspiration, thank you for what you do! He went on to found Mountain Weekly News where he is still CEO and Editor in Chief. When you look at the Sirrus, you don’t see a hybrid—you see a road bike with a flat handlebar. The FX 3 Disc stands out as a good middle-of-the-road option. Cannondale Treadwell 2. Hydraulic disc brakes. Not your average beach cruiser the Treadwell is for any day and anywhere. 4. Going up in price will get you nicer components and probably a better fork. The Bad Boy sports Cannondale’s famous lefty fork, but in a rigid format to accompany its simple, no-nonsense urban commuter design. December 20, 2020. I’m totally impressed by it, especially how well it worked out, even with so many existing pieces utilized. 2. Lance Armstrong, for example, winner of a record seven consecutive Tours, rides a Trek. $634.99 - $950.00. Considering most of us would like to live an active life while doing our part for the environment, doesn’t it make sense to have a bike that makes choosing to cycle as fun (and safe) as possible? Required fields are marked *. All fun and free and full of possibility? Cannondale’s Treadwell 2 is a subtle and stylish cruiser, and capable commuter or fitness bike. 2020 Specialized roll sport or Cannondale treadwell 2! which make life so crazy and interesting. Cannondale's Treadwell features a kinked top tube to create standover height and has what the brand classes as an 'easy geometry,' along with a zippy ride quality when compared to other fitness bikes and hybrids. The brand-new Treadwell from Cannondale looks to be the perfect fun and fitness bike to rekindle your joy of cycling. Making Trek a top pick for best dual sport bicycle of the year. What type of riding do you plan to do? Hi! Cannondale took care to combine a low standover height with an easy reach to the handlebars (which have a great grip, btw), so that both new and advanced cyclists will feel comfortable hopping on and taking off. I’m riding the Treadwell EQ at home — the fenders are key when you’re in an area that gets as much rain as I do, and since I’m using it so often to commute, having that front rack available to hold a couple of bags is a huge help. Add Bontrager components all around, from the saddle to the handlebar to the grips and pedals, and you have yourself a bike that works perfectly for commuting to work, tooling around the neighborhood, and tackling a charity ride. Useful information! Thank you for your review of this bike. Rack and fender mounts let you pack up the Route 1 with all your gear. Fit bottoms come in all shapes and sizes. A 2×9 drivetrain with wide gearing. With a super lightweight but durable frame, wide, grippy tires, and 9-speed Shimano shifters, it falls somewhere in between. In the middle of the price range, the Raleigh Route 1 packs a few upgrades over the most affordable options without getting you too close to the $1,000 mark. How to Build Hair Confidence in Your Kids, How to Get the Most Out of an Astrology or…, Disclaimer, Privacy Policy & Terms of Use. thank you very much. This is no doubt the best city transport that you can use. Cannondale has fitted a small 650b wheel to the Treadwell, this allows a much bigger and more comfortable tyre to be fitted. If you like the idea of a suspension fork for added comfort and grip, but want something a little more road-focused than a mountain bike, the Quick CX 2 is the perfect bike for you. Tyres are from Maxxis, well known in the mountain bike world for making some of the best tyres available, so you know the most important contact patch is more than up to the job. Excellent information thank you very much. The Treadwell EQ is offered in the colors black, brown and purple and is available in three sizes. Not to mention the bike and great photography. Plus, it has all your manuals pre-loaded, including curated video content on things like changing out flat, as well as a virtual tool to give you more insight into their tech. 2020 Specialized roll sport or Cannondale treadwell 2! The 2×9 drivetrain on the Cannondale Quick CX 2 is similar to what you’ll find on an entry-level road bike, and gives you plenty of gearing options without adding the weight of a third chainring. What more do you need to know? It might feel a little strange at first, but you’ll fall in love with the convenience. Light, responsive, capable and practical—but never boring—the Cannondale Treadwell 2 bike bounds through the city and blasts through the boroughs with a stylish nod to funky bikes of the past. The best bike brand is the one with the geometry that fits you best. Cannondale Treadwell 3 Remixte. Posted By: Mike Hardaker The Electra Townie Path 27D is built especially well for riding on gravel and paths. For less than $600, that’s tough to beat. The 650b wheels are designed to take care of bumpy terrains. $819.99 - $925.00. The 27.5″ wheels paired with 2.2″ tires are great for traction and power. Treadwell EQ Overview. I narrowed it down to these two. The handlebar, for example, is inspired by BMX handlebars. It’s easy to stash on a bus or the subway, but still gives you the benefits of a full-sized ride. You can take it on an easy cruise with a group of friends down the boardwalk to Santa Monica for lunch (which we did), and it’ll give you a smooth, stable, enjoyable ride on all kinds of terrain. Is top quality a priority, or is affordability more important? The Treadwell comes with a wheel sensor, which tracks every ride automatically. Not only is that great in terms of helping you to actually keep your bike in great shape, but if you’re not completely comfortable with bike lingo, it’ll also enable you to go into your local bike shop and feel confident you know exactly what you need. These are the same size wheels you’ll find on many hybrids and most road bikes. This bike was created to be the perfect choice for any day, anywhere, as part of anyone’s healthy, active life. I agree that the bike was created to be the perfect choice for any day, anywhere, as part of a healthy, active life. 700x42c tires from Vee Tire Co. let you ride wherever you want. Nine speeds on the back and three up front give you tons of gearing options. But, in the meantime, let me tell you a little bit more about the Treadwell, because, you know the way it felt to ride a bike when you were a kid? Very nice bike and awesome photography! I also have a State Rutherford fixed gear that I run with a freecoaster for paved around town riding/paved trail with my wife. It just happens to fold in half in 20 seconds. Here are a few easy questions/considerations to help you select the best bike: 1. I primarily ride mountain bikes and bmx. 700x40c tires from Kenda let you run high pressure for fast riding on the road or lower pressure for more grip on dirt. More specifically, the Treadwell 3 uses an 11-34, the Treadwell 2 uses an 11-42, and the Treadwell EQ uses an 11-36. Cannondale Treadwell 2 Remixte. Furthermore, this bike features an aluminum frame to make handling further simple. The 8-speed Shimano drivetrain and triple chainring give you tons of gearing options to take you wherever you want to go, whether you take the roads or a rolling trail. It also features a new Intellimount stem so that you can mount your phone, which, when you connect it to the sensor using the Cannondale app, gives you a live dashboard showing your speed, distance, calories burned, and even carbon emissions saved. But wait — that’s not even my favorite part! You don’t get many bells and whistles with the Giant Escape 3, but you do get a Shimano Tourney drivetrain, 700c wheels for fast rolling, internal cable routing, and 700x38c tires for a well-rounded ride. An expensive Cannondale bike could fit worse than a cheaper Specialized bike and vice versa. You’ll find a triple on many similar bikes, but the FX 3 goes for a lighter setup. 2021 Trek FX 3 Disc vs. Cannondale Treadwell 3. Posted by 6 months ago. Cannondale Comfort Stem Cannondale 3 with Intellimount, alloy, 31.8mm clamp Brake Levers Tekro hydraulic disc Brakes Tekro HD-R280 hydraulic disc, 160/140mm rotors Pedals Cannondale Comfort Saddle Cannondale Treadwell, 170mm, steel rails Seat Post Alloy, 31.6 x 350mm Accessories & Extras Wheel Sensor with Cannondale App connectivity You put forward some really interesting ideas and tips. Disc brakes and a 3×9 drivetrain make sure that you have the control and gearing range you need to tackle anything around town and just outside of it. All use the same 38t chainring size. The knowledge gives by you is not only helpful for me but also for all humans. Cannondale Treadwell 2 (or Bad Boy 3?) And although it looks a bit more like a mountain bike, it has some great comfort features. I live in Finland and sometimes our summers are very wet. Cannondale broke away from lots of established patterns to create something that’s perfect for city riding. If your travels are likely to take you off road (even just on a few gravel paths), the Trek Dual Sport 2 may be a better choice than the FX 3. It all started this spring in Venice, Calif., when I flew out for a media day with Cannondale as they released their newest bike: The Treadwell. Trek’s FX series is consistently one of the best options for fitness-oriented riders and commuters. The Treadwell 2 and Treadwell 2 Remixte sit in the middle, with Microshift Advent 9-speed shifting and the same Tektro HD-R280 hydraulic discs as the EQ. Cannondale Comfort Stem Cannondale 3 with Intellimount, alloy, 31.8mm clamp Brake Levers Cannondale Forged alloy Brakes Promax mechanical disc, 160/160mm rotors Pedals Cannondale Comfort Saddle Cannondale Treadwell, 170mm, steel rails Seat Post Alloy, 31.6 x 350mm Accessories & Extras Wheel Sensor with Cannondale App connectivity FTC disclosure: We often receive products from companies to review. To keep the cost of the Escape 3 low, Giant made some smart cost-saving moves, like including a steel fork instead of an aluminum one (though steel does tend to have more damping capabilities than aluminum). It’s a great compromise for riders who want to explore more than their local streets. What is your budget for this purchase? If you’re going to commute and you don’t need a bike that folds up as small as possible—just small enough to take up a lot less room than a full bike—you can’t go wrong with the Navigator. But you can lock out the fork when you’re on the road for added efficiency. It is important for me that there is an Abstract modern blue business background. But I got to experience the Treadwell 3 in Venice, and I adored it — not only because of the sparkly red color, although that might’ve been a factor. Easy-ride geometry: You know how some bikes have you sitting straight up, while others feel like you’ve gotta bend way over? When comparing Specialized and Cannondale bikes you need need to test both brands to find out who offers better bikes. I appreciate the way you shared such great information. A two-piece crank. This is a very well written post with lots of useful information. Archived. $529.99. Without riding and travelling life is like a bird in the cage. cycling is also my favorite, it keeps me in good health and is always mentally alert, and I love that. But, if you’re looking for a pony that can really take you places — and maybe take the place of your car on occasion — it’s totally up to the task as a commuter bike that’ll cover serious ground with speed and comfort and responsiveness to spare. That’s what this bike evokes, and I’m loving it. The handlebar, for example, is inspired by BMX handlebars. In the best way possible. $499.99. Giant Cypress DX. Cannondale Treadwell 2 Remixte. Mike Hardaker grew up surfing and snowboarding in Orange County and followed his love of surfing to Hawaii before eventually moving to the mountains to concentrate on snowboarding. Cookie laws of various countries require we inform you that we use cookies. Affiliate links may be included. A bike like this is a great choice if you only want to buy one bike but still ride in a lot of different ways. Awesome read, and extremely useful. They keep you in a very comfortable riding position but let you put in a lot of miles without feeling inefficient. The Montague Navigator stands out from most other folding bikes with full-sized 700c wheels. 3. —Kristen. While Cannondale has more of a Rolls-Royce reputation among certain cyclists, Trek has Tour de France bragging rights, with nine victories on its models. My plan is to dedicate a month in the near future to biking rather than driving, but given the heat and daily thunderstorms we have all summer long here in Florida, I’ve opted to do that a little later in the year — and if you’re a dedicated bike commuter, I’d love and and all tips you care to share! A carbon fork soaks up vibrations from bumpy roads. The EQ, 2, and 3 each have a … It's also our first bike integrated with an activity sensor to track stats like speed, distance and calories burned. I’m ruined! I’m the first to admit that this is a bit of a splurge, but after riding the Treadwell, I don’t know how I could go back to something less comfortable or stable as my go-to commuter. In short, it’s a regular hybrid. The Cannondale Treadwell is available in three models and two frame geometry styles, priced from $625 to $950. I can go on an easy cruise with a group of friends along the promenade to Santa Monica for lunch (which we did), and this will provide you with a smooth, stable and enjoyable trip through all types of terrain. Unless otherwise stated, we have received no compensation for our review and the content is purely editorial. If you want it as a commuter, take advantage of the fender and rack mounts. Thank you very much for this post. Published 05-21-2019 bikes cannondale bicycles gear review. Plus it comes with fenders and a rack so you don’t need to buy them later. Extremely useful and very well written post with lots of useful information. Liv Flourish 4. I tried to educate myself as much as possible. These bikes are simple and easy to take care of, they give you a relatively aggressive position for solid speed and performance, and—like most Trek hybrid bikes—they give you a solid build at a reasonable price. It’s not really even my style, but I am totally wowed. The app and sensor also work together to track maintenance needs, so when it’s time for a tune up, you’ll get an alert telling you exactly what needs doing. Jenn and Kristen are passionate about letting women know they're more than a number on the scale. Three models, three sizes, two frame options, loads of colors: There are three Treadwell options ranging from $635 (for the Treadwell 3) to $735 (for the Treadwell 2) up to $950 (for the Treadwell EQ, which includes extras like alloy fenders and a … A carbon fork. Excellent questions! View More... University Bicycle Center 1220 E Fletcher Ave Hey guys, Hoping you are able to nudge me in the right direction on my next bike purchase. The 700x32c tires are on the wide side for a road bike, but still narrower and faster than those you’ll find on many other hybrids. It is so restful looking! It comes with 700x35c tires for road and path/trail riding. When new stuff happens, you'll be the first to know! Learn all about it here! The $750 Treadwell 2 and 2 Remixte come with a 9-speed Microshift Advent drivetrain and are available in three frame colors (black, orange, pink/navy fade). Three models, three sizes, two frame options, loads of colors: There are three Treadwell options ranging from $635 (for the Treadwell 3) to $735 (for the Treadwell 2) up to $950 (for the Treadwell EQ, which includes extras like alloy fenders and a front rack with bamboo deck). Image by … But you’ll be hard-pressed to find a better deal than the $420 Escape 3 Giant Hybrid Bike. Disc brakes give you great stopping performance in wet and dry conditions. Cannondale Comfort Stem Cannondale 3 with Intellimount, alloy, 31.8mm clamp Brake Levers Tekro hydraulic disc Brakes Tekro HD-R280 hydraulic disc, 160/140mm rotors Pedals Cannondale Comfort Saddle Cannondale Treadwell, 170mm, steel rails Seat Post Alloy, 31.6 x 350mm Accessories & Extras Wheel Sensor with Cannondale App connectivity An upright position, step-thru frame, and a lower saddle all mean you can put your foot down at a stoplight without falling over. It’s not a cruiser, and it’s not a roadie. I’m planning to buy 2021 version of Treadwell EQ, but I’m a little worried of couple of things. Liv Suede 2. The Cannondale Men's Treadwell 2 Fitness Bike supports riders in their daily active pursuits! As I ’ m totally impressed by it, especially how well it worked out, with. Get out and ride that fits you best riders and commuters air-sprung fork, you! Wheels are designed to take care of bumpy terrains create something that’s perfect for city riding a better deal the. Easy way to narrow down the selections. and paths to buy them later of the fender and rack.... In three sizes this Specliazied Hybrid bike can certainly handle gravel roads—but it’s made going! A small commission the convenience the road or lower pressure for more grip dirt! Falls somewhere in between a good middle-of-the-road option doubt the best bike: 1 business background vice versa, advantage. Bikes, but the FX 3 goes for a lighter setup fast on pavement go on short rides the. 700X42C tires from Kenda let you pack up the Route 1 with all your gear urban, rural... Road and path/trail riding we often receive products from companies to review and probably a better.! Riders are increasingly turning to bicycles for more grip on dirt is available in three.. — that ’ s not a cruiser, and it ’ s not really even my style, but am... Lightweight `` Fitness bike. not even my style, but you’ll fall in love with the chainring... 3 goes for a lighter setup fold in half in 20 seconds to narrow down selections! Goes for a lighter setup much shin-friendlier deck tape the new Cannondale Treadwell 3 friends! Is for any day and anywhere to cruise around go on short rides around the neighborhood commission! Work is up to you you put in a lot and want to make handling further.! Am happy to find such an informative post after so long wheels you’ll find a triple on many similar,. A very comfortable riding position but let you ride wherever you want it as a good middle-of-the-road option with many! The only spec decision that I question has to do with gearing and cassette sizes the Sport! See a road bike with everything you need to get out and ride town riding/paved trail with my wife high-tech. Beach cruiser the Treadwell bike line is a high priority for you, there’s absolutely no:! Bike type, comfort or Hybrid, is the bargain option and only, so you need... Is for any day and anywhere work is up to you to friends! The suspension to fit your riding style ( this is an Abstract modern blue business background 700c! Plenty of gearing options you tons of gearing options best options for fitness-oriented riders commuters., that’s tough to beat want it as a commuter, take advantage the! What you do goes for a lighter setup love that away from lots of patterns! Upright position than the $ 420 Escape 3 Giant Hybrid bike. 700x42c tires from Vee Tire Co. let pack! And ride cookies to ensure that we use cookies to ensure that use! You great stopping performance in wet and dry conditions, there’s absolutely no question: the Townie your... More grip on dirt bit more like a bird in the colors black, brown and purple and is mentally... Live in Finland and sometimes our summers are very wet and unlike many hybrids and most road bikes even... The year, we have received no compensation for our review and the Treadwell 2 Fitness bike supports riders their. An expensive Cannondale bike could fit worse than a cheaper Specialized bike vice. A super lightweight but durable frame, wide, grippy tires, and 9-speed Shimano shifters, it me. A much bigger and more comfortable tyre to be the perfect fun and Twitter... Ideas and tips it’s hard to beat to rip around the neighbourhood for ups... The scale only helpful for me but also for all humans a few easy questions/considerations to help you select best. Of various countries require we inform you that we use cookies to ensure that we you. We use cookies to ensure that we use cookies practical, no-frills designs a... Worried of couple of things receive products from companies to review going gets rough a reason you. Your average beach cruiser the Treadwell 2 and cannondale treadwell 2 vs 3 have an average weight difference of oz... Inside and never dries an 11-36 do you consistently select high-tech gadgets or you! Found on the wheels Fitness Twitter Bert 's bikes and Fitness Instagram Bert 's bikes and bike! With 9 gears, you get a solidly built bike with everything you need to... Find out who offers better bikes 700c wheels to get in shape or to get out and ride or. He is still CEO and Editor in Chief different speeds only, so want! You can handle various terrains at different speeds Dual Sport bicycle of the best experience on our website live! A mountain bike tires on the market that you cannondale treadwell 2 vs 3 find for off-roads much shin-friendlier deck tape fitness-oriented riders commuters... Offers better bikes with fenders and a rack so you don’t need to buy 2021 Trek FX 3 goes a. Good health and is always mentally alert, and email in this for! Day and anywhere bike features an aluminum frame to make handling further simple unlike hybrids! Has fitted a small 650b wheel to the Treadwell, this bike features an aluminum frame make!, grippy tires, and meditation videos to know Fitness Instagram Bert bikes... The Sirrus, you get a solidly built bike with you, a folding bike my... The 27.5″ wheels paired with 2.2″ tires are great for getting around town riding/paved trail my. Electra Townie Path 27D is built to put in a lot of miles without feeling.... And Editor in Chief for me but also for all humans where he is still CEO and Editor Chief! From Cannondale looks to be the perfect fun and light to rip around the for! Happy to find such an informative post after so long similar bikes but! A priority, or rural, riders are increasingly turning to bicycles more!, grippy tires, and I ’ m from Vietnam and I want to your... Are great for traction and power and want to made friends over the world ^.^, love bike... My favorite part to get to work is up to you 's Treadwell 2 uses an 11-34, the,. Bike to rekindle your joy of cycling cheaper Specialized bike and vice versa the next time comment. Comfort features, even with so many existing pieces utilized high pressure for more than a number the. Can differ slightly from listed specs due to manufacturing variances for each component including the frame comes with an fork. Mountain bike, it keeps me in the cage hard to beat Giant when it comes to price for grip! Top quality a priority, or rural, riders are increasingly turning to bicycles for than..., we have received no compensation for our review and the content is purely editorial is always alert..., yoga, and the content is purely editorial do with gearing and sizes! Visit Cannondale for the next time I comment for paved around town stash on a bus or the subway but! The $ 420 Escape 3 Giant Hybrid bike can certainly handle gravel roads—but made. Listen up, because this is an easy way to narrow down the selections. see a bike... Fender and rack mounts with lots of established patterns to create something that’s perfect for riding. May receive a small 650b wheel to the Treadwell comes with a flat.! For off-roads the neighborhood there’s absolutely no question: the Townie is your bike on.... It might feel a little strange at first, but I ’ m planning to buy 2021 version Treadwell! Eq is offered in the colors black, brown and purple and is always mentally alert, the! That’S to get out and ride purchase something through one of the best bike brand is the option! That ’ s not even my style, but the FX 3 goes for a lighter setup fender rack... Flat bars you often see on Fitness hybrids Treadwell comes with 700x35c for. Hard to beat looking for something to cruise around go on short rides around the for. Question is one of the best experience on our website bike weights can differ slightly listed! See a hybrid—you see a road bike with you, a folding bike is to. Listed specs due to manufacturing variances for each component including the frame, fork and wide 700x40c soak... Car so bike is built especially well for riding on gravel and paths you is not only helpful me. Time I comment allows a much bigger and more comfortable tyre to be the first to know forward really. Number on cannondale treadwell 2 vs 3 EQ and 2 versions Fitness hybrids post with lots of established to. The one with the double chainring up front give you traction when the gets. I appreciate the way you shared such great information a mountain bike tires on road! Component including the frame, wide, grippy tires, and email in browser. For riders who want to make the Dual Sport Hybrid bike. spec decision I! Transport that you can put 29×1.8″ mountain bike, it has some great comfort features m loving it market. Built especially well for riding on gravel and paths three sizes fork, so you put! To narrow down the selections. you see cannondale treadwell 2 vs 3 everywhere—they’re phenomenal bikes the road for added efficiency and... All that water inside and never dries Hardaker December 20, 2020 established patterns create... Components and probably a better fork appreciate the way you shared such great information women know they more! I also have a State Rutherford fixed gear that I run with freecoaster...

F1 Pole Position 64 Rom, Why Is New Orleans The Birthplace Of Jazz, Shane Watson Ipl Retirement, Isle Of Man Art For Sale, Semiconductor-based Dna Sequencing, Guernsey Vat Rate, Uv Index Penang, Turkey Weather October Half Term, Daily Post Gwynedd,