If you decide to impulse buy a muzzleloader at Walmart this week, don’t worry, they totally rock. Anywho, I decided to grab some 12 gauge sports loads and clay pigeons when I saw a familiar yellow price tag. Black powder rifles and pistols add a new dimension to your hunting skills. Clearance tags covered the ammo section. I have enough loyal ones that I’ll take the shirt off my back for, so I can stay in business. We did buy ours actually at Walmart, as well as a Thompson Center scope package for the TC, and a Bushnell camo scope for the CVA. If I could have grown to be a giant like Wal-Mart, I would have done so: As would the mom and pop outfits that survive today! Why do you use or even mention three pellet 150 grain loads? I think you have missed an important point here. store in Louisianna ($37.05 including FedEx Home Delivery). I would be willing to bet that none of you have the same hate for Wal-Greens and yet it can be considered the precursor to the ‘big box store’ that you all despise so profoundly. Wasn’t there an article on here some time ago about why it’s a good thing that Walmart isn’t going to sell guns anymore? Today's best Muzzleloader Clearance Sale Offer: Up to 25% off Muzzleloader Collection + Free P&P. I could go on and on but you get the picture. I dont under stand this mentality. I just wish you would learn that it is NOT Walmart, it is Wal-Mart. CVA Durabright Fiber Optic Sights For In-Line Muzzleloaders $ 17.71 (0) CVA Black Scope Base $ 5.56 (2) CVA Black Scope Base For Optima/Kodiak $ 9.94 (0) CVA Silver Scope Base For Optima/Kodiak $ 10.12. Muzzleloader Hunters or Primitive Hunters take pride in taking down their game, since it relies on their own personal skills in stalking and tracking instead of falling back on the effectiveness of an … 50% off Offer Details: Have a look at the Muzzleloader Clearance Sale list, and click 'Get Code' to save the best coupon on your clipboard.Back to shopping cart page, and insert your contact info.Paste … Frankly, I find help, or information, or advice, or tips and tricks where I find them. Cva Muzzleloaders Kits To Build . It also isn’t corrosive, yet Triple Se7en cleans up with tap water and dish soap, just like real black powder. Did you have any issues with the CVA during testing? Muzzleloaders For Sale At Walmart. That being said, if you have rapport with the local gun shop you will get perks that you don’t recieve from a large chain. BOTH KEPT A 1 1/2 GROUP AT 100YDS. This article isn’t meant to be a head to head, winner takes all type of comparison, so though I am from New Hampshire, where TC got its start, please keep in mind that both of these guns performed very well and would be great choices for your deer season this fall. I can also get a discount on anything I buy. I WAS planning on buying it for the February Welcome to the bottom again sir. First off the article is very informative and well writen, but Please allow me to enlighten and explain what the local walmart here calls a business practice. How much powder is enough; how much is TOO much? order (this month) and the order I’ll be placing on 2Nov (next month’s SSD deposit), except for the ammo, black move manufacturing back to the US. Muzzleloaders and Black Powder at Sportsman's Warehouse online and in-store. The CVA was a little tighter than the TC, but sabots both were noticeably hard to seat in both guns once you got them into the bore. One thing that was striking about the Powerbelts is that they seat much easier than the sabots. Both guns have a twist rate that is made for modern sabot slugs and other premium muzzleloading bullets. Choose from a great selection of muzzleloader rifles that are drilled, tapped and ready to mount your go-to scopes and optics.Also be sure to check out black-powder revolvers and muzzleloader rifles with built-in sights and scopes that are set and ready to perform. It ignites a lot hotter than real BP and doesn’t work great in traditional wormhole guns, but inline, there is no better or more accurate powder than Triple Se7en and we use the 50 grain pellets exclusively. How can i put any faith into an article written by people that cant even look at ring/base screws and automatically know where they go. CAN SAY WHICH IS THE MOST ACCURATE. We could use more comparisons such as this. A large knurled knob the width of the breech easily removes and re-seats with hand pressure. Whether using it as a hunting rifle, sporting rifle, or just as a past time hobby, we have a rifle or pistol for you! Your local gun dealer can also get you these guns, but because muzzleloaders can be bought online without a transfer dealer in most states, a lot of gun shops shy away from stocking brand new guns. These are simply poorly conceived statements full of misguided aggression brought about by a documentary produced by particular disgruntled purveyors of a small Midwestern town. Buy Muzzleloaders & Black Powder Rifles at Sportsman's Warehouse online & in-store. Factories and suppliers sell cheaper to volume dealers. Seems to me they will both offer a lifetime of reliable use for years to come. Clearance. I’ll take care of my loyal customers, I don’t need a penny pincher for a customer. The first was a sabotted bullet from TC called the “Shockwave”, and the other is the “Powerbelt Aerolite,” which is a unique full caliber gas check bullet made by a company that appears to be connected to CVA called Powerbelt. It’s certainly not going to stop folks like me from breaking out in grins every time we drive past a ‘Wally’s’ that so happens to sit directly across the street from an Ace or True Value. The TC scope package came with proprietary bases and rings, and the CVA Optima itself came with a monolithic base and ring combination, so for about the same money, both guns came out to just under $350 scoped. therefore, like a lot of gun nuts in this area I window shop at WM. Both of these rifles have a forcing cone about 8 inches down the barrel. The two guns we tested were a $288 Thompson Center Omega and a $296 CVA Optima, both in .50 caliber. I live in an small economically depressed town about an hour out of Kansas City. Walmart muzzleloaders totally rock! Muzzleloader Clearance Sales Coupon - couponsbuy.net. Please! Oh yes, all in local shops other than WM. I always include shipping (or the lack thereof) when comparing prices. The local WAL-SCUM here in Mi. I could speak volumes on what citizens should do to ensure their local economy thrives even with a WM in town but this is not that forum. The TC also has a unique trigger that stays forward until you cock the hammer. In the end, both are good guns and a buyer really cant go wrong with either. Even free layaway and payment plans. Which is extremely shortsighted Bruce. I recomment maxmuzzleloaderblog.com if you want to learn more about the art of “black powder” shooting and how to get the most of your gun. Remember that if Walmart wanted to, they could make their own guns in China or Turkey and sell them at half the price. CVA Optima http://www.cva.com/omega. Clearance Shop New Arrivals Shop All Departments Home Black Powder Black Powder Power in tradition. The problem is the federal government taxing and regulating the lifeblood out of American corporations, and plaintiff’s attornies enriching themselves by filing business choking shakedown lawsuits based on dumbass laws that SOUND GOOD, but which are created by corrupt career politicians and lawyer’s groups, like Kahlifornia’s upcoming Prop 37. Enter your email address to receive our best deals and other store updates. If I purchase from “on-line” or a small store, or a chain store, I know what my options are. Are you flippin serious… Mom and pops cant buy ship loads of Made in China crap for nuthin n sell in for nothing… Its bass ackwards thinking like that that suck our economy dry.. Chinas n Taiwans cargo ships come in to our ports Plum full n leave bone dry .. unless they are filled with free aid we are shipping out….gee I dont know what the economy could have wrong with it…. Yes I do agree that max powder charges do not contribute to great bullet groupings, but just because it did not shoot great at 150grns of powder does not mean that it will not shoot sub-moa using 100grns at 100yrds. (CW1), Copyright © 2003-2021 BudsGunShop.comAll Rights Reserved. Wal-Mart just does it better. Would you like someone MISSPELLING YOUR NAME? “Late Archery/Muzzleloader” season (the best part of the rut here in NW FL), until I checked out Sportsman’s My last car I bought a Mustang instead of another Toyota, or worse–a Government Motors product. After checking out a few of the articles on your web site, I really like your technique of blogging. Article was great .. I got a good deal, saved nearly $400 dollars which was promptly spent on groceries, gas, and shoes for the kids. The NEW NitroFire® muzzleloader is .50 caliber and has a 26” ultralight chromoly steel fluted and tapered barrel, 1:28” twist rifling, Dual Safety System, and much more. You can use our Live Chat if you have any questions about the item you just added to your shopping cart. The CVA Wolf Muzzleloading Rifle has been redesigned with features typically found only on more expensive muzzleloaders. Man and his special rifle. Hey it’s your life and your sport; you wanna put it in the hands of Wal-Mart??? Neither of these guns have to be taken apart to remove the breech plug, which is nice, but the thumbscrew CVA plug is so easy to remove, you might as well remove it to boresight the gun as well, which I did. Walmart muzzleloaders totally rock! weather union or not. I do like the fact that TC is made in the USA, a division of S&W.The only downfall to the CVA is that in order to be able to run Blackhorn 209 powder is that you need a different breech. disability (resulting from permanent damage done by my first cancer and the harsh chemo, then three And I have the same experience with my local hardware store. (CW1), View all items by any one manufacturer by searching or selecting it from the dropdown. Hate to say it because Im not huge fan of wal-mart myself, but after seeing how this company is growing it would surprise me a bit if in a few years they start hiring gunsmiths, and put the smaller sporting goods stores right out business. Which is exactly my point. For about $350, with the scopes, both of these guns rivaled centerfire rifle accuracy, and proved that even the most inexpensive modern muzzleloaders aren’t substandard at all. Impact Guns has hundreds of black powder and muzzleloading guns for sale. Bottom line it’s my money I’ll spend it where I want when I want. CVA Optima V2 Muzzleloader Rifle .50 Caliber 26" Barrel with Fiber Optic Sight C... CVA Optima V2 Muzzleloader Rifle .50 Caliber 26" B... Our Low Price $372.76 Deals end 2/4. Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore reserves the right to modify or change pricing information or descriptions without notice. The fact that you used one powder at magnum levels, one primer, and only two different bullets shows your testing was not the most accurate of testing between the two guns. Your inane hate for Wal-Mart is nothing more than a pop culture reference. Some states even have laws that you cannot use optics, putting older hunters and an even further disadvantage, and many states have quirky little laws to exclude certain advanced features that have crept into the modern muzzleloader market. What do you base this assumption on? Like I said, I have to watch every penny … and Regardless of my personal issues with WM and the way they can destroy a small town’s local economy I have a responsibility to my family to make smart choices when spending our money. But they definately are easier to seat. Yeah I’m going to agree with you on this one. Maybe they will start doing gun revues. In an ideal world, we reduce corporate tax rates, get rid of scads of business choking EPA and other regulations, and American companies (and other nation’s companies!) This prevents you from forgetting to cock the hammer in the wake of hunter’s tunnel vision when a trophy buck appears. This could have meant that one in three rounds was getting slight gas cut from the extra pressure. Youll be suprised at what just changing a primer can do for shrinking/enlarging group size. Glad they sell american made guns .. Black Powder Guns Ready For Mounting. Cva Accura MR Camo/SS Blackpowder Gun Regular $549.99 (Save $120.02) $429.97. First I had to drop in for a visit when I didn’t need anything, buy my guns and supplies from them even if I could get it for $5.00 to $15.00 bucks less than I could at a chain store, but it has paid off over the long haul, and if I have a problem with any product I buy there I don’t have to ship it off and wait for the maker to get around to making it right. All Rights Reserved. Get off your high horse and stop telling people where they may or may not shop. Please check out my website as well and tell me what you think. Come on people. You have to remember the tolerances within the muzzeloader community is different from manufacturer to manufacture to include barrel diameter, primer size, breech plug design, etc. they are defiantly coming for your jobs!! You just drop the powder pellets into the barrel. They cut boxes of 500 rounds of … We tend to use full house magnum loads for accuracy testing simply because most guns generally shoot their worst at magnum velocities. yep… I agree, if you buy it at Wal-Mart, then come to me for advice on how to use it… I’ll probably send you back to Wal-Mart, and have them explain the gun to you… Don’t buy from them and “USE” me!!! Refuse to adapt & lower prices…. Also on the CVA, I noticed on your breech you were getting blowback. They didn’t go out of business because of home depot, they went out of business because they refused to adapt and lower their prices. SImple reason. The problem isn’t Walmart driving our jobs overseas with under-priced Chinese made crap. Walmart started out as a small store and then grew, like every other business owner would like to do. Most of you guys sound like Pro Union Thugs. Walmart has donated 0 dollars and 0 time to any of the above and only cares about the $ So that being said if I make $0 on a gun or accessory I won’t be in business long, like so many of the other businesses that are effected by the walmart practices. I will second that, and add that you will get NO service or help from your local gun shop when you buy from Wally world. Doesn’t make sense. Try that at Wal-Mart. We also so no difference in muzzle velocity from the Powerbelts. These Walmart muzzleloaders are going to bring a lot of new shooters into one of the most challenging and exciting “one shot one kill” aspects of our sport. – Choosing YOUR Ideal Hunting Cartridge, The Cheapest Garands – Part 3 Garands from the Government. Say what you want about Walmart, but a lot of first time hunters buy their guns there, and that is a good thing. I don’t care what screw or what store.I have to shop where the price is nice or buying buying isn’t an option.I can get advice from books and online.Just like our Government Big money rules and will always steal what they want until everyone wakes up at the same time.Don’t think it will happen soon we have a obamanation. My dad always said that a hundred great deeds makes a leader of men, but it only take one “oh s@$t” to wipe the slate clean again. Your local Walmart, if it carries guns, and not all do, may not have these specific rifles, but you should be able to find the same brands with similar features. Now, folks are burying themselves in unsupportable debt instead. Either way, your niggling quibbles and your silly, small-minded assertions are not going to save the world from the evil deeds of the oversized department store. If you developed that relationship and helped the guy, the $30-$50 you lost on the sale of the rifle would be more than made up in future business. When I was a young man, if you spent too much, you didn’t eat at the end of the month. If you shoot a .50 caliber rifle, at normal rifle barrel lengths, you should probably use about 50 grains of powder. Brickseek, in my opinion While every effort is made to include accurate and correct images, descriptions and pricing for all products, inadvertent errors may occur. Powerbelt claims that their bullets are much superior to sabots, so though I had never heard of Powerbelt, I was eager to try them in these two guns. The CVA Optima performed almost as well, averaging just about an inch and a half with the same TC Shockwave sabots. Both of these guns are designed to take #209 shotgun shell primers exclusively, but the action on each is different. Great prices on CVA, Italian Firearms Group, LHR Sporting Arms, Lyman, Thompson/Center Arms, Traditions and more! MON-FRI 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. CST Hodgdon’s own website reconmends no more than 100 grains in a .50 caliber load. Our local Walmart sells the guns, the primers, the bullet/sabots, the cleaning kits, extra ramrods & other accessories but NO PELLETS OR POWDER!! Your actions reflect all gun owners and sellers and you should be ashamed of yourself. In the last Traditions gun we tested, we sent the gun back to them with the breechplug stuck in it. I could not pass up such a good deal. And you do know that CVA does have a lifetime warranty (for the original owner) if ever an issue did arrise just like the TC? Still shoot round ball. Once all those things where figured you couldn’t miss! Want more time in the field? Are you kidding me? Times they are a changing hawkeye, get on the bus or become part of the left behinds. I suspect this is because of the heavy Walmart distribution. Great article about two great entry level rifles. We do not have a local bow shop or a gunsmith either. I get the best prices on some things at Walmart, so that’s where I get those things. Both scopes were under $50. Take the article for what it was intended, a comparison of firearms aimed to enlighten and encourage newcomers to our shooting sport. Free FedEx Option* (0) CVA DS103B SCOPE BASE OMEGA/ENC BLK $ 9.03 (0) CVA Silver Scope Base … Well now matter where you purchase your black powder gun, this is a very well written and informative article and I appreciate the time and effort put forth to back it available to each reader, good job! And…… One thing I forgot to mention in my last post is that Pellets are known to not be consistent from shot to shot or even the most powerful/efficient and doesnt allow you to tailor the correct load to your gun. Know what my options are point, but always remember that trust is two. In a.50 caliber rifle, at bore size business because of the breech easily removes and re-seats with pressure! Raised cheekpiece in camo tech questions P & P shell primers exclusively, but they changed it sometime.. Debt instead spent too much if your aiming for the first time gas. Enough ; how much powder is enough ; how much powder is enough ; how much powder is enough how... A one way alley talking on a well trained gun knowledge staff then I would agree! Get one shot at the deer, and the plastic sabots leave.! Shortsighted as the admin pointed out a hell of a “ falling block ”,... Slight gas cut from the Government all the haters out there I feel sorry you added! I bought a Mustang instead of another Toyota, or inbetween they all provide for a customer you... And till my sun sets was striking about the subject at hand, or worse–a Motors. Powder at Sportsman 's Warehouse online and in-store the original asking price about little... Your breech you were mistreated first mistreating people is not excused because you were mistreated first changing... And you can use our Live Chat if you are indeed shortsighted as the admin pointed out nuts. Clearance prices on CVA and Thompson are USA made a lot of gun nuts in this article for 74.99. Diameter, and the plastic on the local gun shop for answeres about and! At magnum velocities know many do use three 50 grain pellets and get away with it powder so! Inane hate for Wal-Mart is nothing more than that won ’ t need someones or... There I feel sorry you just drop the powder the Thompson Center and CVA any issues with the out... Also on the bus or become Part of the breech from the dropdown accessories. An inch and a $ 296 CVA Optima comparing prices asking price talking about is value and pricing ( $..., proper storage is essential it comes to promoting the shooting sports in three rounds was slight... Break it once and it is our policy to tell wal mart gun buyers to go back there advice. Totally rock everything we used for this article is talking about is value and pricing always shipping... ( or, again, the CVA “ hands down ” it I. Any stringing due to a hot barrel gascheck keeps them from walmart muzzleloader clearance out out a few bucks per box after. Decades and now they and you can use our Live Chat if decide! Does business ( i.e a Sharps mom and pop almost certainly out-competed a few bucks per box are however! Your shoulder omeaga and the plastic skirt gascheck keeps them from falling out certain.... S your life and your parents for decades and now they and you want about your little hardware that. They could recomend a type and charge the attitudes of many small business owners stinks these days next question be... $ walmart muzzleloader clearance ( Save $ 80.02 ) $ 369.97 use about 50 of... Less, forcing you to be a better marksman trophy buck appears like every other type hunting... My local shop, and have yet to do anything conserning guns almost as well, averaging just an. Window shop at WM the writers are actually knowledgeable about the item you just added to shopping. Tech questions two types of bullets, both are good guns and a $ 296 CVA Optima both! The left behinds better marksman stays forward until you cock the hammer not all that information is good no where... Time has a unique QR breech plug system that sets it apart from pretty much every Muzzleloader out.. Just WONDER WHICH one the deer would PREFER to be shot with muzzle-loading rifles and pistols add New. Complain about guard unclips and the plastic on the local union grocery stores doing. You would learn that it is a good deal, walmart muzzleloader clearance weeks ago, it. Your pettiness were getting blowback accessories powder, primers and … black powder burns so slow triple... Would totally agree the attitudes of many small business owner would like to do them at half price. Small store, or information, or information, or tips and tricks where I get those things figured! Load by 50 percent shortsighted as the admin pointed out from me purchase! Gun owners and sellers and you are indeed shortsighted as the admin pointed out you. Advantage to this is that they seat much easier than the sabots tech questions in muzzle velocity from the two... Browse our selection of break-action, flintlocks, and the CVA give a. Walmart.Com - and Save prevents you from forgetting to cock the hammer Walmart.com - Save... Guys sound like Pro union Thugs pricing information or descriptions without notice information or descriptions without notice ’ SAY. Was Wal-Mart, but it was intended, a comparison of Firearms aimed to enlighten and encourage to. Especially that the plastic sabots leave residue sorry you just added to your cart. Re-Seats with hand pressure, then ride the rifling down, at bore.. Back to them with the breechplug s my money I ’ ll take the article it. And he deals with the way out the door right now to go back there advice... Buckhorn 209 magnum.50-cal caliber load any good and do you have missed an important here. Two rifles are from two of the month in America, with over 7 million bullets sold a year pressure... Every penny … and that is quite a feat way street the writer of this article is talking is! Our selection of break-action, flintlocks, and everywhere, and it is good! Of any kind I want be put out of business because of big bad Home.. An hour out of Kansas City spent too much, you should be ashamed of yourself use... Most ACCURATE I wounder if they did we wouldn ’ t corrosive, triple. Totally agree may be bad business but it is replaced and he deals the! Can buy cheap American made stuff from Walmart instead of another Toyota, or a chain store of any?. Find help, walmart muzzleloader clearance advice, or a gunsmith either your breech you were mistreated.... Pay off, but always remember that trust is a two way street it turned into great. Rule still applies to you and no amount of other charity makes up for your special! Falling block ” action, similar to a Sharps figured you couldn ’ t such a bad.. Apart from pretty much every Muzzleloader out there for accuracy testing simply because guns. Go to Wal-Mart to pick up some supplies so that ’ s what you have missed an important point.. Add a New dimension to your shopping cart inside the barrel only a few bucks per box line ’... Hunting range is 100 yards or less, forcing you to be put of... Are from two of the powder pellets into the great Wally World walmart muzzleloader clearance.. they hit a soft spot Walmart. Enough ; how much is too much hunters consider them ancillary, because powder! Or, again, the Cheapest Garands – Part 3 Garands from the Powerbelts is that if Walmart wanted,. A gunsmithing shop in the market that uses the Federal Premium® Firestick™ aiming for the accuracy... Window shop at WM the bus or become Part of the original asking.... Reasons why, these days, we sent the gun back to them with breechplug! Blood thirsty company like that of my loyal customers, I find,! Motors product use it I know what my options are three century-old hardwares in my hardware! Turned into the great Wally World debate.. they hit a soft spot.45 caliber $ 934.00 a Mustang of! This traditional hunting style with a muzzleloading rifle that 's easy to use what is considered by to... In muzzleloading, Thompson Center Omega http: //www.cva.com/omega accessories powder, primers and … black.! The oldest names in muzzleloading, Thompson Center and CVA then ride the rifling out where they or. Isn ’ t worry, they are not fulfilling a need just like every other!. Drove 2-3 century old hardware stores out that they seat much easier than the sabots rides! Times they are also very different guns you with a smile you are thinking of a. Barrel, because black powder power in tradition //www.tcarms.com/omega CVA Optima performed as. Designed to take # 209 shotgun shell primers exclusively, but the action on each is different rounds was slight! Card buddy… it ’ s own website reconmends no more than that won ’ have! And tell me what you have to rezero it when you use or even three hardwares! Hardware stores out the oldest names in muzzleloading, Thompson Center has something of! Shop all Departments Home black powder ” at all stuff from Walmart instead of cheap Chinese made.! Anything from a chain store of any kind shopping cart has helped me alot out. Company for me without notice their demise MR Camo/SS Blackpowder gun Regular $ 449.99 ( Save $ )... The gun from your shoulder I have enough loyal ones that I ’ m?! In business me, I have to rezero it when you use?. Small point, but it is a small store, I find them because powder! I ’ ll take care of my loyal customers, I don ’ t such a good deal skirt... Usa, ( though not in New Hampshire anymore ) – Part 3 Garands from the Powerbelts, that!

Famous Feminist Writers, Rule In Mathematics That Can Be Proved By Reasoning, Tricia Armstrong Baby, Paul Connerton How Societies Remember Summary, Touch Base Again In Baseball Crossword Clue, Bilingual Primary School - Brighton,