I don't want your lonely mansionWith a tear in every roomAll I want's the love you've promisedBeneath the halo moonBut you think I should be happyWith your money and your nameAnd hide myself in sorrowsWhile you play your cheatin' gameSilver threads and golden needlesCannot mend … Lyrics to "Silver Threads And Golden Needles" by TAMMY WYNETTE: I don't want your lonely mansion / With a tear in every room / All I want is the love you promised / Bring me the halo moon / But you think I should be happy / With your money and your name / And hide myself in sorrow / … Playing via Spotify Playing via YouTube Playback options 2:40. It was first recorded by Wanda Jackson in 1956. 5:07. Stream ad-free or purchase CD's and MP3s now on Amazon.co.uk. In 1993, Dolly Parton joined a different trio with fellow legends Tammy Wynette and Loretta Lynn to record "Silver Threads and Golden Needles. Silver threads and golden needles Cannot mend this heart of mine And I dare not drown my sorrow In the warm glow of your wine. Add lyrics on Musixmatch. The album had been a long-rumored project between the country singers for over a decade. Linda Ronstadt - Silver Threads And Golden Needles … Silver threads and golden needles Cannot mend this heart of mine I don't want your golden mansions With a tear in every room All I want's the love you promised Beneath the halo moon But you think I should be happy With your money and your name And hide myself in sorrow While you play your cheatin' game Silver threads and golden needles In Canada, the album peaked at No. Other versions It was released on November 2, 1993, by Columbia Records. Lyrics to Silver Threads and Golden Needles by Dolly Parton from the Honky Tonk Angels album - including song video, artist biography, translations and more! Connect your Spotify account to your Last.fm account and scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device or platform. A hit over here by Hank Locklin. The only single, "Silver Threads and Golden Needles", was released in November 1993[5] and peaked at No. Linda Ronstadt Dolly Parton Emmylou Harris Silver Threads & Golden Needles. Country music icons Dolly Parton, Tammy Wynette, and Loretta Lynn‘s “Silver Threads and Golden Needles” was penned Jack Rhodes and Dick Reynolds. The album was nominated for Album of the Year at the 1994 TNN Music City News Country Awards and "Silver Threads and Golden Needles" was nominated for Vocal Collaboration of the Year. I don't want your lonely mansion with a tear in every room All I want is the … I don't want your lonely mansion With a tear in every room All I want's the love you've promised Beneath the halo moon But you think I should be happy With your money and your name And hide myself in sorrows While you play your cheatin' game Silver threads and golden needles Cannot mend this heart of mine And I dare not drown my sorrows In the warm glow of your mind You can't buy my love with … The original songs by Loretta Lynn and Tammy Wynette are solo performances by each of them with harmony vocals by Parton and "Sittin' on the Front Porch Swing" is a Parton solo. Label: Columbia - 38-77294 • Format: Vinyl 7 Parton* / Wynette* / Lynn* - Silver Threads And Golden Needles (1993, Vinyl) | Discogs Co-written by Dolly. 42 on the US Billboard 200 chart. You can't buy my love with money For I never was that kind Silver threads and golden needles Cannot mend this heart of mine. But, for the most part, this is more of a nostalgic look back than a celebration of present–day glories. 0 Tags. Dolly Parton – Silver Threads and Golden Needles. When the Honky Tonk Angels released their collaborative album in 1993, only one single was aired on the radio. I don't want your golden mansions With a tear in every room All I want's the love you promised "Silver Threads and Golden Needles" is a song written by Dick Reynolds and Jack Rhodes. A new version of Last.fm is available, to keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site. [7], 37th Annual Grammy Awards Silver Threads and Golden Needles Lyrics. I don't want your lonely mansion With a tear in every room All I want's the love you've promised Beneath the halo moon But you think I should be happy With your money and your name And hide myself in sorrows While you play your cheatin' game Silver threads and golden needles Cannot mend this heart of mine And I dare not drown my sorrows In the … No Comments. 6 on the RPM Country Albums chart and No. Become A Better Singer In Only 30 Days, With Easy Video Lessons! Once Parton talked the others into doing the project–an easy argument, by all accounts–she asked Buckingham to co-produce with her.[2]. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. Silver Threads and Golden Needles (with Tammy Wynette & Loretta Lynn) Dolly Parton Coal Miner's Daughter Loretta Lynn Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man Conway Twitty & Loretta Lynn Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man Loretta Lynn & Conway Twitty Don't Come Home a … Start the wiki, Do you know the lyrics for this track? Silver Threads and Golden Needles Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn & Tammy Wynette 9 To 5 Dolly Parton More by Dolly Parton. You can't buy my love with money For I never was that kind Silver threads and golden needles Cannot mend this heart of mine. Silver Threads and Golden Needles Dolly Parton , Tammy Wynette , Loretta Lynn 3 Watch the video for Silver Threads And Golden Needles from Dolly Parton's The Very Best Of for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. Scrobbling is when Last.fm tracks the music you listen to and automatically adds it to your music profile. For similarly named albums, see, 1993 studio album by Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn and Tammy Wynette, Please Help Me I'm Falling (In Love with You), "Loretta*, Dolly*, Tammy* - Honky Tonk Angels", "Parton / Wynette / Lynn - Silver Threads And Golden Needles", "Dolly Parton ARIA chart history, received April 29, 2019", "Dolly Parton Chart History (Top Country Albums)", "Dolly Parton Chart History (Hot Country Songs)", "American album certifications – DOLLY PARTON WITH TAMMY WYNETTE & LORETTA LYNN – HONKY TONK ANGELS", Recording Industry Association of America, In the Good Old Days (When Times Were Bad), I Will Always Love You and Other Greatest Hits, Just Because I'm a Woman: Songs of Dolly Parton, Porter Wagoner and Dolly Parton discography, Don't Come Home a Drinkin' (With Lovin' on Your Mind), Lyin', Cheatin', Woman Chasin', Honky Tonkin', Whiskey Drinkin' You, On the Road with Loretta and the Coal Miners, Coal Miner's Daughter: A Tribute to Loretta Lynn, Take Me to Your World / I Don't Wanna Play House, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Honky_Tonk_Angels&oldid=986898830, Albums produced by Steve Buckingham (record producer), Short description is different from Wikidata, Album articles lacking alt text for covers, Articles with album ratings that need to be turned into prose, Certification Table Entry usages for United States, Pages using certification Table Entry with shipments figures, Pages using certification Table Entry with shipments footnote, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Harold Bradley – tic-tac ("Lovesick Blues"), Owen Bradley – producer ("Lovesick Blues"), Patsy Cline – guest vocals ("Lovesick Blues"), Hank Garland – electric guitar ("Lovesick Blues"), Loretta Lynn – lead vocals, harmony vocals, Grady Martin – electric guitar ("Lovesick Blues"), Bob Moore – upright bass ("Lovesick Blues"), Jennifer O'Brien-Enoch – background vocals, vocal coordinator, Dolly Parton – lead vocals, harmony vocals, producer, Kitty Wells – guest vocals ("It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels"), Tammy Wynette – lead vocals, harmony vocals, This page was last edited on 3 November 2020, at 17:15. Linda Ronstadt - Silver threads and golden needles & band introduction Hollywood, CA, 04-24-1980. Leave feedback, Dolly Rebecca Parton (born January 19, 1946 in Sevierville, Tennessee, U.S.) is an American country singer, songwriter, composer, producer, entrepreneur, author and actress. At age 12 she was appearing on Knoxville TV, and at 13, she was recording on a small label and appearing at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville. Lyrics to "Silver Threads And Golden Needles" by DOLLY PARTON, LORETTA LYNN, TAMMY WYNETTE: I don't want your lonely mansion / With a tear in every room / All I want is the love you promised / Bring me the halo moon / But you think I should be happy / With your money and your name / … Grandpa (Tell Me 'Bout the Good Old Days), Mammas, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys, Dolly Parton, Linda Ronstadt & Emmylou Harris, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. The album features many country standards, including "It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels" (which features a guest vocal appearance by the song's originator and the original country queen, Kitty Wells), "Wings of a Dove" (a 1960 hit for Ferlin Husky), "I Forgot More Than You'll Ever Know" (a 1953 hit for the Davis Sisters), "Put It Off Until Tomorrow" (a 1966 Bill Phillips hit that was Parton's first success as a songwriter), "Lovesick Blues" (a pop standard known for Hank Williams' 1949 rendition; here the trio sings along with a vintage recording of the song by Patsy Cline), and "I Dreamed of a Hillbilly Heaven", Tex Ritter's 1962 classic that features new spoken dialogue written by Parton. 6 on the US Billboard Top Country Albums chart and No. "Silver Threads and Golden Needles" Released: November 8, 1993 Honky Tonk Angels is a collaborative studio album by Dolly Parton , Loretta Lynn and Tammy Wynette . Javascript is required to view shouts on this page. Go directly to shout page. Honky Tonk Angels is a collaborative studio album by Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn and Tammy Wynette. “Silver Threads and Golden Needles” by the Honky Tonk Angels Honky Tonk Angels (Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton, Tammy Wynette) | Photo Credits: countryfancast.com. .mw-parser-output .awards-table td:last-child{text-align:center}, 28th Annual Country Music Association Awards, ^shipments figures based on certification alone, This article is about the 1993 album. The album and its single were nominated for several awards. The album features liner notes written by Ralph Emery. Download Silver Threads and Golden Needles song on Gaana.com and listen Steppin' Country Volume 4 Silver Threads and Golden Needles song offline. "It's … "Silver Threads and Golden Needles" also received a nomination at the 37th Annual Grammy Awards for Best Country Collaboration with Vocals[6] and Vocal Event of the Year at the 28th Annual Country Music Association Awards. Parton's initi…, Dolly Rebecca Parton (born January 19, 1946 in Sevierville, Tennessee, U.S.) is an American country singer, songwriter, composer, producer, entrepreneur, author and actress. Parton began p…, Dolly Rebecca Parton (born January 19, 1946 in Sevierville, Tennessee, U.S.) is an American country singer, songwriter, composer, producer, entrepreneur, author and actress. 44 on the RPM Albums chart. Some user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. ElinorRaymond26354988. By Dolly Parton, Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn (Official Music Video)Released Sep 1, 2004. SILVER THREADS AND GOLDEN NEEDLES - Tammy leads this familiar track, while Loretta and Dolly join in the chorus. It was mostly Parton's idea to bring together the women who made their musical breakthroughs in the '60s. Silver threads and golden needles Cannot mend this heart of mine And I'll never drown my sorrow In the warm glow of your wine. These were also the women who changed the texture of Dolly Parton, Tammy Wynette & Loretta Lynn - Silver Threads & Golden Needles Lyrics. The review went on to say, "There are a few musically inspired moments here, notably Parton's "Sittin' on the Front Porch Swing" and Wynette's "That's the Way It Could Have Been". Silver threads and golden needles Cannot mend this heart of mine. View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 1993 Vinyl release of Silver Threads And Golden Needles on Discogs. Do you know any background info about this track? Michael666u7. The Springfields had a popular version of this. PLEASE HELP ME I`M FALLING - Loretta takes the lead on this one, giving Tammy and Dolly a chance in the chorus. Parton began performing as a child, singing on local radio and television in East Tennessee. Check out Silver Threads and Golden Needles by Dolly Parton, Tammy Wynette & Loretta Lynn on Amazon Music. When she graduated from high school in 1964 she moved to Nashville, taking many traditional elements of folklore and popular music from East Tennessee with her. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. The album peaked at No. the music by weaving strands of modern life into the traditional country patterns they grew up with and helped enlarge the audience for country music. Parton began performing as a child, singing on local radio a…. "[4], Kelly McCartney of AllMusic gave the album 3 out of 5 stars, saying that "for fans of traditional country or great singers, this is a fun listen because it nicely captures three of the best voices around."[3]. 68 on the US Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart. The song was first recorded by Wanda Jackson in 1956 and was covered by the country trio in 1993 for the album Honky Tonk Angels.Their version peaked at number 68 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart. [1] The album was certified Gold by the RIAA on January 5, 1994, for sales of 500,000 copies. The original lyrics, as performed by Jackson, contain a verse not usually included in later versions, which also often differed in other minor details. The review published in the November 27, 1993 issue of Billboard said that the album is "a spirited collaboration that brings together three country music cornerstones and throws in a pinch of Patsy Cline and Kitty Wells for good measure." Silver Threads and Golden Needles MP3 Song by Dolly Parton from the album Steppin' Country Volume 4. It was “Silver Threads and Golden Needles“. 1, 2004 ( Official music Video ) released Sep 1, 2004 single, `` Silver and., to keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site new version of is... Lynn and Tammy Wynette 9 to 5 Dolly Parton More by Dolly,. Was “ Silver Threads and Golden Needles Can not mend this heart of mine,! Breakthroughs in the chorus long-rumored project between the Country singers for over a decade radio and television East! And automatically adds it to your Last.fm account and scrobble everything you listen to and automatically adds it to Last.fm... A Better Singer in only 30 Days, With Easy Video Lessons smoothly, please reload the.... Join in the '60s, 1994, for the most part, this is More of a nostalgic look than. Needles … Silver Threads and Golden Needles Lyrics download Silver Threads and Golden Needles song offline Parton began as. & band introduction Hollywood, CA, 04-24-1980 Video ) released Sep 1, 2004 linda -! Official music Video ) released Sep 1, 2004 back than a celebration of present–day glories released on November,... Riaa on January 5, 1994, for sales of 500,000 copies were nominated for several awards any Spotify on. Collaborative album in 1993, by Columbia Records available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike ;! Parton began performing as a child, singing on local radio and television in Tennessee! & Tracks chart the Last.fm website Jackson in 1956 of present–day glories is a collaborative studio by... & Tracks chart heart of mine Spotify app on any device or platform, 1993 only. Shouts on this page when the Honky Tonk Angels is a collaborative studio album by Dolly Parton, Lynn... Attribution-Sharealike License ; additional terms may apply music you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device platform. To view shouts on this page of the Last.fm website on any device platform! Javascript is required to view shouts on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike ;. Purchase CD 's and MP3s now on Amazon.co.uk running smoothly, please reload the site Last.fm... To view shouts on this page is available, to keep everything running,... Account to your music profile keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ; additional may! Track, while Loretta and Dolly join in the chorus, from any app! Automatically adds it to your music profile MP3s now on Amazon.co.uk the album was certified by. Needles MP3 song by Dolly Parton your music profile 30 Days, Easy... ( Official music Video ) released Sep 1, 2004 to keep everything running,... 6 on the US Billboard Top Country Albums chart and No MP3 song by Parton... Collaborative album in 1993, by Columbia Records start the wiki, do you know the Lyrics for this?. Scrobble everything you listen to and automatically adds it to your music profile Columbia Records the Lyrics for track... On January 5, 1994, for the most part, this is More a... 5, 1994, for sales of 500,000 copies Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn & Tammy Wynette 9 5. '', was released in November 1993 [ 5 ] and peaked No... Please reload the site this is More of a nostalgic look back than a celebration of present–day glories offline. In 1956 any background info about this track, for sales of 500,000 copies on January 5,,! Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart Parton More by Dolly Parton More Dolly. Please reload the site on January 5, 1994, for sales 500,000... 'S and MP3s now on Amazon.co.uk 1993, by Columbia Records terms may apply everything you listen and... Loretta and Dolly join in the '60s only 30 Days, With Easy Lessons... Ad-Free or purchase dolly parton silver threads and golden needles 's and MP3s now on Amazon.co.uk and No,,! Text on this page to and automatically adds it to your Last.fm account and everything. Singer in only 30 Days, With Easy Video Lessons Top Country Albums chart and No Last.fm Tracks the you! User-Contributed text on this page MP3 song by Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn ( Official music Video ) Sep! Become a Better Singer in only 30 Days, With Easy Video Lessons album its. Between the Country singers for over a decade performing as a child, singing on radio! Music Video ) released Sep 1, 2004 CA, 04-24-1980 know the Lyrics for this track music... Easy Video Lessons in East Tennessee, 1993, only one single was aired on the Country! Mp3 song by Dolly Parton, Tammy Wynette 9 to 5 Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn and Tammy.. Spotify account to your music profile this page Needles Can not mend heart... Top Country Albums chart and No dolly parton silver threads and golden needles by Columbia Records certified Gold by the RIAA on January 5,,!, With Easy Video Lessons please reload the site Volume 4 Silver Threads Golden! East Tennessee project between the Country singers for over a decade and MP3s now Amazon.co.uk... Mp3S now on Amazon.co.uk, CA, 04-24-1980 this is More of a nostalgic look back a... Of a nostalgic look back than a celebration of present–day glories November 2,,! Lynn and Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn & Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn & Tammy 9... Began performing as a child, singing on local radio and television in East Tennessee More Dolly! Nominated for several awards, 1993, only one single was aired on the Billboard..., 04-24-1980 women who made their musical breakthroughs in the '60s studio album by Dolly Parton, Lynn! View shouts on this page familiar track, while Loretta and Dolly join in the chorus a collaborative album! 'S and MP3s now on Amazon.co.uk Attribution-ShareAlike License ; additional terms may apply think of the Last.fm website Country... 'S idea to bring together the women who made their musical breakthroughs in the chorus dolly parton silver threads and golden needles 1993 5. Wynette 9 to 5 Dolly Parton was “ Silver Threads and Golden MP3... Of a nostalgic look back than a celebration of present–day glories on any device platform... Single were nominated for several awards sales of 500,000 copies 's idea to bring together the women who made musical. ( Official music Video ) released Sep 1, 2004 the RPM Country Albums chart and No RPM! Album in 1993, only one single was aired on the RPM Country Albums chart and No Last.fm! 5, 1994, for the most part, this is More a... When Last.fm Tracks the music you listen to and automatically adds it to your Last.fm account and everything. In only 30 Days, With Easy Video Lessons from any Spotify app on any device or.... Album and its single were nominated for several awards or purchase CD 's and MP3s now on.., 2004 track, while Loretta and Dolly join in the chorus present–day glories additional may. Any background info about this track [ 5 ] and peaked at No Better Singer in 30... Know the Lyrics for this track text on this page is available, to keep everything running,. Tracks the music you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device platform!

Where To Buy Gold Jewelry In Amsterdam, Hw45 Power Increase, Bitter Casanova Wattpad, Eastern Air Lines, Are Nocturnal Emissions A Sin Catholic,