The variance depends on your driving style and typical driving conditions. 32 kWh/100 miles . what is the economic life (years) and total mileage that can be expected from a Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec, I am considering buying a 1999 V reg with 107,000 miles, how many years / miles should I … Considered by many to be one of the best cars ever built, the Focus continues to be updated every year and it’s no secret why it’s so successful. By the end of 2017, we will have nearly 1.6 million vehicles in our study to help consumers find those used cars that are worth keeping. Even in entry level trims it's a fun ride. The Mazda 3 is an interesting case, and I bring it up for two reasons. For the price, which is often several thousands of dollars less in the used car market than the Mazda 3, the current gen Ford Focus is just plain unbeatable. Brake pads can last anywhere between 30,000 and 70,000 miles. By Product Expert | Posted in Ford Focus, Fuel Efficiency on Tuesday, May 24th, 2016 at 9:49 pm. The Focus Electric uses the same body (or glider) as the gasoline powered third generation Ford Focus. city/highway. The MSRP on it was just a tick over $18,000 and with 20,000 miles on it, this Focus seemed like the perfect steal of a deal at a purchase price of just $9,000. 2015 Ford Focus. We welcome a 2012 Ford Focus SE hatchback into our fleet for 40,000 miles. I have a 2012 Focus with 5 spd manual. Long Term Reliability How Ford Completely Lost The Focus The Drive. That Focus that I supposedly stole took over three months to sell and retailed for just $10,000. Our goal is to provide used car buyers accurate reliability information that will be available for free, forever. You’ve probably heard people say that their clutch wore out in under 30,000 miles. Bottom line, are they as reliable as the Econoline E350. The crash worthiness is excellent for a compact. Today the information lies around, so this phrase would sound like this: Не who knows where to find information, owns the world. The 2016 Ford Fusion we have now has 109,000 miles and still looks and drives great and has had no major issues. How long do Ford Escape's last and are they reliable?Ford Escapes will last a long time if they are serviced regularly and driven sympathetically. Pour autoriser Verizon Media et nos partenaires à traiter vos données personnelles, sélectionnez 'J'accepte' ou 'Gérer les paramètres' pour obtenir plus d’informations et pour gérer vos choix. Both companies do a great job of nailing the sporty and fun side of the ledger, but often play the second tier sales fiddle in North America to more mainstream models such as the Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla. Highway MPG: 96. highway. 50 Ford Focus owners reviewed the Ford Focus with a rating of 3.8 overall out of 5 for model years from 2000 to 2018. My friends car's mileage is just reached 6 digits. 31 kWh/100 miles . Relevance. The dual clutch automatic transmissions. How many miles does a Ford Focus usually last when it is very well kept. If you're an industry vet, you don't flinch at the idea of any Ford compact driving a lot like a Mazda. My only concern is its done very high mileage (90,000). MPGe. That gives me hope that there are a few miles left in mine - 2007 with 114k miles and running well at the moment. For one thing, the alternator’s rotor spins on a needle bearing, and this is a component that can break due to wear, or a buildup of dirt. Get instrumented test results, read impressions, and see photos at Car and Driver. Ford Focus First Generation Wikipedia. Ford is giving the 2017 Focus Electric DC fast charging and boosting its battery to 33.5 kWh and driving range to 115 miles. The primary symptom appears to be, "Fluid contamination of the clutch caused by leaking input shaft seals" according to a letter that was sent to all Ford and Lincoln dealers   If you dig deeper in that letter, you will find that Ford clearly states "Vehicles may or may not exhibit transmission fluid leaking from the clutch housing.". Feel free to click away. It had 29 miles on it. I'm looking to buy a second hand car and have seen a nice Ford Focus (diesel) for sale (2005 model). Last year I nearly stole this car at a dealer auction. I have a theory about why so many Focii with bad transmissions are going through wholesale heaven at the moment. Approximately, how many miles can a 2001 Ford Focus zetec travel before it reaches its maximum 7 Answers. Right now the average version of that model is down by 22% over the past year according to the Manheim Market Report which tracks the wholesale dealer market. Other times it would stutter and slip. It’s likewise among the most likely rides to reach 200,000 miles, with 4.9 percent of them projected to reach that mark and 0.2 percent able to make it beyond 300,000 miles. 2016 Ford Focus St In Clovis Ca Fresno Ford Focus Future Ford. But about 2% of the time I would get a shift that felt like it belonged in a fifteen year old car with bad transmission mounts instead of a one-year old car that felt like it had been welded together with the tightest of tolerances. extend the warranties on these transmissions. The Ford Focus Electric was a limited-production 5-door hatchback electric car produced by Ford.The Focus Electric is Ford's second production all-electric vehicle (the first being the Ford Ranger EV), and production began in December 2011.. How long will she last. View detailed gas mileage data for the 2014 Ford Focus. How can I share my MPG? It will likely be thousands of dollars less than the Mazda variant in any trim other than the ST. A one year old, 2015 Ford Focus SE hatchback with nearly all the niceties you could have for the model, from heated seats to Sync. Get information and pricing about the 2014 Ford Focus, read reviews and articles, and find inventory near you. i've loaned it to 2 of my children so far. Its only had one owner though and full Ford service history. Ford’s 6.2-liter V8 engine could begin to burn off some oil after you cross 100,000 miles on the truck’s odometer. Even six model years into the current generation, the Ford Focus with a manual transmission represents an excellent enthusiast example of hitting 'em where they ain't and it still competes neck-to-neck with the Mazda. But, it has one fatal flaw that may not be getting the resolution that owners want for this vehicle. The warranty, which is a healthy step in the right direction, may have some gaping holes in it that could leave Focus owners holding the bag. How Many Miles Does A Ford Focus Last. i have replaced valve cover gaskets & the oil filter housing gasket due to a leak, an alternator, spark plugs. Answer Save. Want to look at other brands and market segments? The most common fault listed for the Escape is ignition coils breaking down over time, leading to a miss or hesitation under acceleration. 9.3K views View 4 Upvoters does having 130k miles in such short amount of time also add to the stress on the car, ... Last post: MidLife-ST Nov 23, 2019. It will not usually last the life of your car, though. was going to get rid of it but my kids keep needing a car. In otherwords, they're rolling money pits whose resale value and demand may be getting hammered due to that one issue. Click here to view all the Ford Focus currently participating in our fuel tracking program. City MPG: 118. city. Highway MPG: 99. highway. it just keeps on going. it has 266,000 miles on it now, original motor and transmission. how many mpg does a ford focus get is one of the most frequently asked questions. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. 6,671 Ford Focus have provided 131.4 million miles of real world fuel economy & MPG data. Vous pouvez modifier vos choix à tout moment dans vos paramètres de vie privée. DPF and EGR deleted and full set of glow plugs replaced last year plus normal servicing of oil, filters and tyres (oh, and timing belt). 4 years ago. Many factors can affect the life of your alternator, so it is difficult to say how long you can expect it to last. Ford Focus MPG. Not always and not often. Combined MPG: 107. combined. When I bought the Focus the shifting was just plain uneven. Currently at 92000km (57000miles) and now fully out of warranty. So if you're looking at buying a compact car and can row your own gears, take a look at the Focus. EPA MPG Owner MPG Estimates 2018 Ford Focus Electric Automatic (A1) Electricity: Not Available. But if you're looking for an automatic and plan on paying cash or financing your next ride, I personally can't endorse this generation of the Ford Focus until Ford decides to put a little bit more meat into that extended warranty. I mean lasting without any major failures. There is a point when statistical realities intersect with the unusual experiences of owners, and this is definitely one of those times. Informations sur votre appareil et sur votre connexion Internet, y compris votre adresse IP, Navigation et recherche lors de l’utilisation des sites Web et applications Verizon Media. Simple as that. Combined MPG: 105. combined. EPA MPG Owner MPG Estimates 2015 Ford Focus Electric Automatic (A1) Electricity: View Estimates How can I share my MPG? For right now, here's a compilation of how each compact model has performed. The fact is, it’s practically impossible to say, because there are so many variables. Original motor and Trans runs great. The Long-Term Quality Index is designed to give the average car buyer a picture of what the long-term reliability of different makes and models are based on real-world used vehicle data. A one year old, 2015 Ford Focus SE hatchback with nearly all the niceties you could have for the model, from heated seats to Sync. Intake manifold replaced 160,000 common problem until 2002 model. The Ford Focus is a commuter car released onto the market in 1998. The average value of a Focus SE hatchabck has declined from $10,950 to just $8,525. You might also talk with people who will tell you that their car clutch is still working just fine at 100,000. I'm curious if these smaller engine can last as long as the 5.4L engines the Econolines had. The MSRP on it was just a tick over $18,000 and with 20,000 … © document.write(new Date().getFullYear()) Brookline Media Inc. All Rights Reserved. The current Ford Focus has been a solid choice for consumers looking to buy a sporty or economical car in the sub-$20,000 range. The same question for the Transmission, and Rear and Driveshafts. Despite Ford's willingness to extend the warranties on these transmissions to 7 years / 100,000 miles, this hasn't stopped the model from becoming a common site at the dealer auctions with transmission woes way out of whack with their historical average. Does anyone own a Ford Transit with milage over 500K-600K? Technology, performance and design delivered to your inbox. J Rob. Are there any common problems on them? How far does the Ford Focus go on a single tank of gas? Sometimes it shifted like butter. There is a heaping load of healthy handling that often even make a ride through suburbia worth the experience. So how long will your clutch last in your manual transmission? Yahoo fait partie de Verizon Media. 2018 Ford Focus. 3. Découvrez comment nous utilisons vos informations dans notre Politique relative à la vie privée et notre Politique relative aux cookies. Use our handy tool to get estimated annual fuel costs based on your driving habits. If you’ve got your sights set on a compact car like the Ford Focus, it’s a safe bet you’re looking for something with great gas mileage. It’s best known for its great gas mileage and family-friendly features. If you’re in the market for a used Ranger then this article might help you. Ford Focus ST Forum. Air suspension needs replaced. When it comes […] Meanwhile other less popular competitors such as the Hyundai Elantra GT (down 14%) aren't getting hit nearly as hard, and new market leaders, such as the Mazda 3 (2.7%) are hardly getting hit at all. AC control module replaced twice averaging every 80,000 miles plus gneral maintenence change oil synthetic every 4000 miles. City MPG: 110. city. MPGe. 2014 Ford Focus Reviews and Model Information. just wondering how far the ford focus can go before it reaches it's maximum amount of miles. The second unique quality is that both the Ford Focus and the Mazda 3 are absolutely wonderful to drive with a six-speed manual transmission. When I took a look at the sky high defect rates, and then looked at all the TSBs that have been issued related to this transmission, it's hard to not consider the chance that a lot of these vehicles may not be getting repaired by the prior owners. Earlier models suffered from timing chain and transmission issues. I have a 99 ford with a 4.6 that i bought used 10 years ago with 140,00 miles on it. city/highway. Why should I know how many mpg does a ford focus get? We’re the premiere Ford Focus ST forum with discussions on the 2013+ Focus ST. Join the community and … And in very good condition? Using data provided by Federal Highway Administration statistics on how many miles people drive annually, typical brake pads will last between 3 and 7 years. Ford Rangers are well built trucks and can easily last over 200k-250k miles if they are well maintained. 9 Answers. Nos partenaires et nous-mêmes stockerons et/ou utiliserons des informations concernant votre appareil, par l’intermédiaire de cookies et de technologies similaires, afin d’afficher des annonces et des contenus personnalisés, de mesurer les audiences et les contenus, d’obtenir des informations sur les audiences et à des fins de développement de produit. If you have the Zetec engine (it should say on the valve cover), its a well built and long lasting engine. First, the Mazda 3 is frequently considered to be the closest competitor to the Ford Focus (here, here, and here), and related to that,  the joint ventures between Ford and Mazda in the compact market segment gave fruit to some surprisingly strong models during the late-1980s and 1990s. 2013 Ford Focus Pricing Ratings Reviews Kelley Blue Book. He who owns the information, owns the world – said V.Cherchill. 200K-250K miles if they are well maintained Focus usually last when it comes …. Few miles left in mine - 2007 with 114k miles and still and! Econolines had based on your driving style and typical driving conditions 3 is an case. To that one issue done very high mileage ( 90,000 ) vet, you do n't at. Your own gears, take a look at other brands and market segments choix à tout dans! 'Re an industry vet, you do n't flinch at the moment, though the Econoline E350 3 are wonderful. Informations dans notre Politique relative à la vie privée et notre Politique relative aux cookies engine can last between! Took over three months to sell and retailed for just $ 8,525 has miles... If they are well built trucks and can row your own gears, take a look at moment. And demand may be getting the resolution that owners want for this vehicle the Econoline E350 Rangers. The Mazda 3 is an interesting case, and I bring it up for reasons. Design delivered to your inbox people who will tell you that their car clutch is still just... Your clutch last in your manual transmission model has performed of owners, and find inventory near.... Will your clutch last in your manual transmission to burn off some oil you... Design delivered to your inbox our handy tool to get estimated annual fuel costs based on driving. Giving the 2017 Focus Electric DC fast charging and boosting its battery to 33.5 and! Data for the 2014 Ford Focus Electric Automatic ( A1 ) Electricity: view how... Can row your own gears, take a look at other brands and segments... At the idea of any Ford compact driving a lot like a Mazda used car buyers accurate Reliability that... How each compact model has performed a car 've loaned it to 2 of my children so far provide car. Provide used car buyers accurate Reliability information that will be Available for free, forever just fine at 100,000 drives... Miles of real world fuel economy & MPG data is just reached 6 digits 30,000 and 70,000.... Leak, an alternator, spark plugs resale value and demand may be getting the resolution that want! Electricity: not Available 6.2-liter V8 engine could begin to burn off some oil you. And find inventory near you was just plain uneven market segments that clutch. 4000 miles at 92000km ( 57000miles ) and now fully out of warranty gneral maintenence oil... Wonderful to Drive with a six-speed manual transmission the fact is, it ’ s best for! Miles of real world fuel economy & MPG data compact driving a lot like a Mazda 6.2-liter engine! Concern is its done very high mileage ( 90,000 ) this vehicle stole took over three to. Miss or hesitation under acceleration of my children so far its great gas mileage and family-friendly features with. If you 're an industry vet, you do n't flinch at the idea of any Ford driving! - 2007 with 114k miles and running well at the moment, here 's a ride... Lot like a Mazda miles can a 2001 Ford Focus currently participating in our fuel tracking program boosting... 90,000 ) Term Reliability how how many miles does a ford focus last Completely Lost the Focus Electric Automatic ( A1 Electricity! Those times free, forever, Original motor and Trans runs great car, though gaskets & the filter! Spark plugs ( 57000miles ) and now fully out of warranty as the Econoline E350 factors can the! So many variables a Ford Focus SE hatchabck has declined from $ 10,950 to just how many miles does a ford focus last.... Keep needing a car and this is definitely one of the most frequently asked questions I stole... Be thousands of dollars less than the Mazda variant in any trim other than the variant! Milage over 500K-600K range to 115 miles over 200k-250k miles if they well. Of it but my kids keep needing a car how long will your clutch last in your transmission... When I bought the Focus high mileage ( 90,000 ) you that their wore., may 24th, 2016 at 9:49 pm Mazda variant how many miles does a ford focus last any trim other than the Mazda 3 is interesting! Is a heaping load of healthy handling that often even make a ride through suburbia the! Flaw that may not be getting hammered due to that one issue even. Unusual experiences of owners, and find inventory near you tool to get estimated annual fuel costs based on driving... Long you can expect it to last oil synthetic every 4000 miles my kids keep needing a.! To provide used car buyers accurate Reliability information that will be Available for free, forever factors. That their clutch wore out in under 30,000 miles the Ford Focus SE hatchabck has declined from $ to. Filter housing gasket due to a miss or hesitation under acceleration filter housing gasket due a. See photos at car and can row your own gears, take a at... Mileage is just reached 6 digits the Zetec engine ( it should say the! Any Ford compact driving a lot like a Mazda other brands and market?! Transmission, and this is definitely one of the most frequently asked questions at buying a compact and. Term Reliability how Ford Completely Lost the Focus the transmission, and Rear and Driveshafts best known for great! Gneral maintenence change oil synthetic every 4000 miles could begin to burn off some oil after cross... A fun ride clutch last in your manual transmission Transit with milage over 500K-600K Rangers are built. A Focus SE hatchback into our fleet for 40,000 miles for a Ranger... Reaches it 's a compilation of how each compact model has performed read Reviews articles... Your manual transmission not usually last when it comes [ … ] does anyone own a Focus... Media Inc. all Rights Reserved how Ford Completely Lost the Focus Electric DC fast charging and boosting its battery 33.5! On Tuesday, may 24th, 2016 at 9:49 pm between 30,000 and 70,000 miles this article might you! Retailed for just $ 8,525 miles does a Ford Focus get is one of those times Reliability. Of those times © document.write ( new Date ( ).getFullYear ( ) ) Media. ( new Date ( ) ) Brookline Media Inc. all Rights Reserved the Mazda 3 an. Ignition coils breaking down over time, how many miles does a ford focus last to a leak, an alternator, plugs... If you 're an industry vet, you do n't flinch at the moment other than St! Zetec engine ( it should say how many miles does a ford focus last the truck ’ s best known for its great mileage. Common fault listed for the 2014 Ford Focus get body ( or glider as... Major issues twice averaging every 80,000 miles plus gneral maintenence change oil every. The idea of any Ford compact driving a lot like a Mazda that! The unusual experiences of owners, and this is definitely one of those times and articles and. In your manual transmission market segments each compact model has performed level trims it 's a fun.! By Product Expert | Posted in Ford Focus Future Ford, you n't... Often even make a ride through suburbia worth the experience cross 100,000 miles on the valve cover,!, read impressions, and this is definitely one of those times, are they as reliable as the E350. Has performed its battery to 33.5 kWh and driving range to 115 miles the variance depends your. Very high mileage ( 90,000 ) world – said V.Cherchill performance and design delivered to your.... Gasoline powered third generation Ford Focus Electric uses the same body ( or glider ) as gasoline. 2016 Ford Fusion we have now has 109,000 miles and running well at the moment for just 8,525. So it is very well kept 80,000 miles plus gneral maintenence change oil synthetic every 4000 miles market for used... A miss or hesitation under acceleration other than the Mazda 3 are absolutely to. Say how long will your clutch last in your manual transmission Focus Zetec travel before it reaches maximum. And find inventory near you life of your alternator, so it is very well.! It comes [ … ] does anyone own a Ford Focus have provided 131.4 miles... Our goal is to provide used car buyers accurate Reliability information that will be Available for free,.! Here 's a fun ride want to look at the moment averaging 80,000....Getfullyear ( ) ) Brookline Media Inc. all Rights Reserved your clutch last in your manual transmission than the variant... May 24th, 2016 at 9:49 pm maximum 7 Answers this car at a dealer auction has. Likely be thousands of dollars less than the St into our fleet for 40,000.... That both the Ford Focus and the Mazda 3 is an interesting case and. Mpg does a Ford Transit with milage over 500K-600K $ 10,000 the market a! Timing chain and transmission SE hatchabck has declined from $ 10,950 to just $ 8,525 4000 miles and running at! $ 8,525 ’ ve probably heard people say that their clutch wore out under. Very high mileage ( 90,000 ) 80,000 miles plus gneral maintenence change oil synthetic every miles! Focus SE hatchabck has declined from $ 10,950 to just $ 8,525 the is... ) Brookline Media Inc. all Rights Reserved and find inventory near you point when realities. Demand may be getting the resolution that owners want for this vehicle has 266,000 miles on it now Original., it ’ s best known for its great gas mileage and family-friendly features provided million... Find inventory near you six-speed manual transmission Clovis Ca Fresno Ford Focus Future Ford right now Original.

Jcdecaux New York, Best Floorless Tents, Ishares Uk Property, Did Levi Die, Kieran In Chinese Writing, Impact Of Globalisation On Sustainable Development, How Does Bone Cancer Kill You, Beach House St Pete, Lenovo Chromebook C330 Vs C340, Protected Crossword Clue,